is not like other people
where is she now?

nomadxi0.jpg

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Did you dream this?

3 months later! No! Didn't dream it, referenced here :

Gibson, William: Agrippa (tamu.edu)
"In 1992, Gibson wrote a semi-autobiographical poem, Agrippa: a Book of the Dead, which was placed onto a computer disk. This disk was part of a limited release of special "reader" screens; the reader units themselves had etchings by Dennis Ashbaugh which were light-sensitive, and slowly changed from one form to another when exposed to light. Also, the text of the poem, when read, was erased from the disk - it could only be read once. Naturally (some would say according to Gibson's plan), someone got hold of the text of Agrippa and uploaded it to the Internet." There's an alternate source for Agrippa (eserver.org) at the English Server (eserver.org).

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cach...+/+sterling+/+erase&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=uk

trouc

trouc
Why do all the cool folks gotta go and delete themselves? Jaie, I really enjoyed your posts on the black roots - white fruit thread. Totally out of nowhere but very on point.

Anyone heard from nomad? Zhao?

swears

preppy-kei
zhao still posts sometimes. I miss nomad, gek and HMLT. It's just reasonable, normal people now. I could have these discussions down the pub.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Gek-Opel is quite often logged on, he just never says anything, I'm guessing that he's constructing some kind of mega-response that will capture and skewer capitalism so precisely and nakedly that it will finally force it to confront its own inconsistencies and inherent contradictions and collapse in one moment of self-regarding horror. I, for one, can't wait.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Dude's too busy plotting the collapse of the capitalist economy and impersonating Rick Astley.

At least one of these things seems to be going quite well as it goes.

vimothy

yurp
I wish Gek would post more. I love that hyper-text/critical theory type style. Plus, he has good taste in music.

D84

What's going on here? Is everyone leaving? Have I missed something like the Great Dissensus Flame War of 2008... :(

Oh yeah, capitalism rulez! Like Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, Dick Cheney and all the other Romans... WTF?? :confused:

crackerjack

the place is sucking cause all the weirdos got run off... so somebody could maintain a little purity. simple really

Don't be dishonest, no one got run off. One person was temporarily banned for reasons that were both obvious and explained and had nothing to do with 'purity', particularly some imagined pro-captialist kind. Any other weirdos who left did so out of choice.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
And still no sign of Gek. What have we done to offend him, I wonder? Been too inoffensive, probably. ;)

trouc

trouc
Don't be dishonest, no one got run off. One person was temporarily banned for reasons that were both obvious and explained and had nothing to do with 'purity', particularly some imagined pro-captialist kind. Any other weirdos who left did so out of choice.

Wah? I didn't say anything about capitalism, pro or anti. I don't have a dog in the fight about HMLT so that's got nothing to do with my point.

One can leave by choice and still be run off. Shouldn't be too hard to comprehend that.