Deleting membership

nomos

Administrator
I'm sorry to hear that Nick. Curious about your reasons.

In general though: If people don't want be on here then the easiest thing is to just stop posting. Deleting a membership doesn't make all of your posts disappear it just makes it so that you can't log in again. It would be a symbolic gesture only, and a pain for the mods. This thread isn't an open invitation, just the remnant of a particularly ugly few days on the forum.

I wish Gek and others would return but I also know that taking a break from forums is usually a healthy move.

trouc

trouc
Oh, yeah, my fuck up.

But explain what you meant by this 'purity' then.

Just seems like a few here want to keep the place a provincial, locals only reflection on the British music scene. That's cool in a way, but I like to see a more diverse group of voices.

Just seems like a few here want to keep the place a provincial, locals only reflection on the British music scene. That's cool in a way, but I like to see a more diverse group of voices.

the content of a forum is the responsibility of its users. you are one so instead of waiting for something that fits into your personal schema how about starting a thread on something of interest to you?

i think the reason some of the more vocal posters have disappeared is this...if you put genuine personal effort into your posts, you're more likely to be offended by respondents' dismissals, repudiations etc, and eventually that becomes wearing. a shame but there it is, this is a public forum. if you don't risk anything personally meaningful you're unlikely to get offended and throw your toys out of the pram ;)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Dude's too busy plotting the collapse of the capitalist economy and impersonating Rick Astley.

At least one of these things seems to be going quite well as it goes.

Ahh, so that came from this:
gek-opel said:
My least favourite: Bar man in a pub in Oxford reckoned I resembled Rick Astley (untrue, and it still hurts...)

in the 'resemblances' thread.

swears

preppy-kei
You didn't know that "Never Gonna Give You Up" was about Marx and released in response to the collapse of Communism in the late 80s? S'pretty obvious, folks.

nomos

Administrator
bush_computer.jpg

^^ gwb receives his daily rick roll from fidel