80's R'n'B/Electro-soul

Client Eastwood

Oh one more, then I'll do some work . . more phat basslines

All 80's crew on this thread, hold tight and keep them coming.

Krystol - After the Dance

Metro Area, pay attention and get with the real 80's sound ;)

Client Eastwood

nice one luka

one more before i go to lunch, can't recall if it's been mentioned

rene & angela - i'll be good
cool 80's video too :cool:

(
cheeky off topic mention to this too
sly and robbie - boops
)

drilla

^ i've got the 12"

More on the freestyle side but that's fine with me. Thanks for making this thread truly great Luka, noel, bang, ed, et al.

Last edited:

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
is this the best thread ever :D

and both mixes (hint and edward) are just so wonderful- talk about past-futurism that's till far beyond...

Client Eastwood

yeah liking this thread, i've not thought about this music for such a long time.

stretching the definition of electro soul on this one, but i think i can just about get away with it.

OMG - -
planet patrol - play at your own risk

[obligatory barking dog noises towards the end, what was that all about ? see also Man Parrish]

drilla

Delegation - You and I

hope this isn't a repeat, i haven't been able to click on everything yet, but these pads/strings and that opening swell are pretty sublime. the opening bars are pretty much what Phoenix tried to do on their first two records...

[obligatory barking dog noises towards the end, what was that all about ? see also Man Parrish]

I think Man Parrish was the first guy in that scene to get an Emulator (early sampler). One of the disks it came with was a barking dog.
I'm pretty sure Arthur Baker & John Robie would've borrowed Manny's Emulator for that record.
Could be mixing it up in my memory banks though....

DannyL

Wild Horses
Has anyone done Aleem yet? I saw Release Yourself up thread but Confusion is a total classic

Ahh, I remember when I had this on a tape with Doug E Fresh! Glorious days!

I can't find "Get Loose" on Youtube, it's just like Release Yourself, another early breakdance classic.

Lets get a bit Essex in here:

Luther! LUTHER!

Alexander O'Neil and Cherelle

The Whispers
Pre 80s but still a classic

The Ultimate Essex Soul anthem, Fatback Band (but not the Steve Wright cover version! YOU WHAT?)

Shannon

Melba Moore

Atlantic Starr

I can't believe no ones done Joyce Simms yet

I love this stuff. My earliest pirate radio memories are listening to Westwood. I heard a lot of this stuff on Essex Radio with John Leech, LWR and Radio London.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Don't think anybody has put up these two SOS band tracks so far which were massive back in the day

I heard the latter played by Tony Blackburn believe it or not.

drilla

I didn't know All in All was a Mantronik production... hmm

Jermaine Stewart -We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off