Hicham Yezza

poetix

we murder to dissect
The campaign to prevent the deportation, for political reasons and without due process, of Hicham Yezza now has a website.

I would like to encourage dissensians to visit it, and find out about what is happening.

The alleged "Al Qaeda training manual" Yezza was initially investigated for printing out is also worth a look. I feel it would be a good thing if there were widespread public discussion of its contents over the next few days.

poetix

we murder to dissect
Such things tend to be a hodgepodge taken from many sources...

I don't know whether the manual was ever circulated among serious jihadist conspirators, although that's not impossible. It's a bit, er, vague on the details of how to actually do things like manufacture ricin - at about the same level as the recipe for botulism given in Burroughs's My Education: A Book Of Dreams.

Serious technical guys would go for very precise, detailed instructions, whether on bomb-making or whatever. Otherwise you risk just blowing yourself up...

vimothy

yurp
There are plenty of (non-hodgepodge) genuine AQ manuals easily available online. Tactics are one thing, but I wouldn't think that they're important. I'm sure stuff like that is simple enough to get hold of online. More interesting (to me) are the (semi) famous jihadi strategic thinkers. There is a even a periodic strategic studies magazine.