Brooker on 9/11 conspiracies

luka

For my part I don't think he "just wants to bring up these dodgy tropes without consequence." I think there is a lot of material out there in Internet land and it can be hard for anyone to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Sometimes people are not acting in good faith. I think Pattycakes is acting in good faith and as a result I was inclined to do as Sufi said and talk about it a bit with him.

luka

But then he called you a dick.

Yes, he did. In bringing up the Rothschilds he was testing the waters. Is this something dissensus is open to? He found that it wasn't, and he wanted to pull back. He felt hounded. Not even the nutters are into the Rothschild stuff.

luka

Again, he can say what he wants but I think it's all there in the posts. Everybody, including me and Sufi, said yeah, that stuff is antisemetic. We didn't say you are antisemetic. Just that the Rothschild stuff, like the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, is inherently dodgy.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I don't believe the rothschilds run the world. That's fucking stupid. I know I'm thick, but I'm not that thick.

Luka assuming the worst.

luka

some people do just want to bring up these dodgy tropes without consequence.

As the other person (possibly alongside Sufi) who is clearly being referred to here I've talked about my interest in conspiracy theory many, many times. I've explained it at great length. If you still think it's about my secret, nefarious desire to smuggle 'dodgy tropes' into dissensus to turn you all into Nazis then I dunno. There's 15 years worth and 30,000 posts worth of me sharing all my thoughts and feelings and even my dinners recorded here.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
To be fair, in earlier years when I was hitting the weed hard and going on day-long youtube binges, I did get hooked in. This was around the time of Zeigest coming out. At this time I would believe a lot of rubbish because I was stoned, disillusioned and it made me feel like I knew stuff others didn't. At this time I probably did entertain the ideas I now understand are antisemitic, even though at that time I didn't realise they were. It was more that a rich family was all powerful and ran everything. That lasted for a few years but over time I read more and more about power. Books like The New Rulers Of The World by John Pilger, Manufacturing Consent and Understanding Power by Chomsky, The Illusion of Empire by Chris Hedges and a personal favourite, The Underground History Of American Education by John Taylor Gatto. A bunch more, from serious journalists. Some of them I read long ago, some more recent. All of them make it pretty clear that there is no one single group of people, but many groups who all work together or sometimes even against each other. The Military Industrial Complex, something I've reference on here several times, is clearly not one banking family. You don't get to be president of the United States without MIC backing. The way I see it these days, is that at the very top, above government, is corporate power. This is the ultimate power. I've said this before. Its ridiculous to think any one group of people could manage 'everything' ffs.

luka

What did you want to talk about then? People do automatically assume the worst when it comes to this stuff, and probably that's reasonable and understandable. So you have to be pretty clear and careful and upfront about the angle you're taking I guess.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Some of what I wanted to talk about has been covered and the rest I would rather do on my own because it's not worth stirring up the wasps nest. You, meanwhile, are happily beating it with a long stick.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Why you would choose to stir the pot yet again after we all managed to reach a level of amicability is just... Sad. I know how to read between the lines. I've seen plenty of hints at where my politics lay on this forum. And no I'm not going to go and dig up examples. Do all the confirmation biasing you like. I know who I am and what I stand for. And it certainly isn't fucking anti semitism.

john eden

male pale and stale
I think this silly tbh. What consequences? You're going to 'bang them' for 'chatting shit'? That's unrealistic.

There has been some pearl clutching of the how very dare you variety.

Patty's alright and has clearly just read some dodgy stuff and come here and asked about it. I don't think there is any other agenda than that.

But on the other hand I think the emotional reaction was entirely understandable, this stuff isn't a joke.

luka

That's what I said.

me and Sufi have views that, from what I can tell, are very similar to yours. We are leftys. We don't want to live in an an ethno-state. We want to bring back the guillotine.

Anyway I'm busy drinking and this is the last thread I should be contributing to while drunk.