Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Only in that they could stop it if they wanted to but choose not to ;)
The implication here is that Israel literally cannot stop because massively excessive brutality aimed mainly at civilians is the only way they know how to behave.

Who's the antisemite now, eh?

mixed_biscuits

Who's the antisemite now, eh?
In a game of chicken between a tank and a tuk-tuk one would expect the tuk-tuk driver to veer off course but Hamas clearly think their tuk-tuk is unusually well made.

IdleRich

IdleRich
These nativist tropes are classic Conservatism.
I don't have a personal problem with the lakes being so full of crayfish that you can just leave a net out with a light in it and they just jump in and then practically cook themselves.... I guess some of the native species are not happy though.

mixed_biscuits

I don't have a personal problem with the lakes being so full of crayfish that you can just leave a net out with a light in it and they just jump in and then practically cook themselves.... I guess some of the native species are not happy though.
Special because native. Yeah, I get it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
This clip of the defendant attacking the judge was on telly loads last week, however none of the clips I saw included all the stuff he said before he did that about how he was in a good place and on the right path now what with being a person who never stops trying to do the right thing etc etc

Also, without knowing exactly what happened here regarding the rights and wrongs of the case, I surely can't be the only one who feels that - however well deserved - sometimes there is something rather unpleasant and bullying about the way judges tend to sit there a few metres away from someone delivering an often brutal character assassination before callously dismissing their plea and sending them to jail smugly secure in the knowledge that the whole power of the state insulates them totally from any possible reprisal...

mixed_biscuits

This clip of the defendant attacking the judge was on telly loads last week, however none of the clips I saw included all the stuff he said before he did that about how he was in a good place and on the right path now what with being a person who never stops trying to do the right thing etc etc

Also, without knowing exactly what happened here regarding the rights and wrongs of the case, I surely can't be the only one who feels that - however well deserved - sometimes there is something rather unpleasant and bullying about the way judges tend to sit there a few metres away from someone delivering an often brutal character assassination before callously dismissing their plea and sending them to jail smugly secure in the knowledge that the whole power of the state insulates them totally from any possible reprisal...
Your takeaway is that judges should have less protection, not more?