version

This comment under a review of Will Self's new memoir.

A literary Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen ... making a living because folk have his number, and he turns up.
The Americans do these people far better than we do.

version

Redknapp backs Pochettino for Arsenal: “You think the fans wouldn’t love him there? If you go in there and start winning, they would have taken Saddam Hussein in there when he was about, the fans don’t give a monkey's! If you start winning every week, they’re singing ‘there’s only one Saddam’.”

version

These are apparently genuine titles of Japanese "light novels".

Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon

I Couldn't Become a Hero so I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job

I've Been Reborn as an Aristocratic Pig, So This Time I Want to Tell You I Like You

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Redknapp backs Pochettino for Arsenal: “You think the fans wouldn’t love him there? If you go in there and start winning, they would have taken Saddam Hussein in there when he was about, the fans don’t give a monkey's! If you start winning every week, they’re singing ‘there’s only one Saddam’.”

Sounds like something from the excellent Accidental Partridge twitter feed.

version

In L’Equipe today, Gael Givet says Sam Allardyce tried to fire Blackburn’s players up for a game against Man United in 2010 by showing them clips from Gladiator and 300. “We were all like, ‘Ahhhhh!’ [mimics soldier with sword]. After 30 minutes, we were 3-0 down. We lost 7-1.”

:crylarf:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
World Weekly News is great, but this story would be even better in the Sunday Sport. He'd have been "bummed senseless" by the bigfoot, and we'd no doubt have learned of the damage inflicted on the man's "ringpiece" by the creature's "massive bellend".

version

Carlos Ghosn: Ex-Nissan boss escaped Japan in 'musical instrument case' while awaiting trial — The boss's wife is alleged to have helped plan the escape carried out by paramilitary-style group, according to the Lebanese news channel MTV. The channel said members disguised themselves as a music band.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Emails from HR lady at work when someone has brought stuff in for a birthday or whatever, where the email subject line is not Cakes but "Cakes", like it's some sort of drug euphemism.