Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
guardian review of bruno with the line 'In fact, his preoccupation with male genitalia and anal sex is so tedious, it makes you forget the real outrage: the inequality of the class system' made me chuckle.

Pfft, have they got Rik-from-The-Young-Ones doing film reviews now?

Pestario

tell your friends
"Click here to watch the video of Michael Jackson's hair on fire."

This sentence, taken from an article on the Independent's website, I think sums up the spirit of our age so succinctly - and that made me chuckle to myself

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Click here to watch the video of Michael Jackson's hair on fire."

This sentence, taken from an article on the Independent's website, I think sums up the spirit of our age so succinctly - and that made me chuckle to myself

Heh, yeah, it's a bit Nathan Barley isn't it? Like the website where you can bet on the outcome of tramp fights.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha, big up the Toypedo! We need a "When life imitates Chris Morris" thread.

Yesterday's 'Pet Of The Day' in thelondonpaper: a Syrian hamster whose 'likes' apparently include:

Alison Padmore and Rick Lawton said:
Having raspberries blown on his tummy (it makes him feel silly)

Uh, guys, you do realise you're basically just giving a rodent a blowjob...?

Last edited:
S

simon silverdollar

the guy off the Magners advert that says 'just give it to me straight, like a pear cider made from one hundred per cent... pears'

give it to you straight?
ok.
SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP!!!!!!!!!! (After Jammer).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
'Pear cider'? Whatever happened to perry? Are we to refer to wine as 'grape cider' and beer as 'barley cider' now?

I fucking hate Magners and everything to do with them. Their shitty faux-Oirish marketing bollocks. The way they started the trend for drinking cider with half a tonne of ice in it. The fact that it's sweet, flavourless piss. The fact that grotty and utterly forgettable pubs feel justified in charging £4 for it - and the fact that witless muppets pay this for it.

And these adverts that go on about how amazing their cider is because it's "made from 100% apples" - as opposed to the other leading brands that are made from plutonium and wasps, right?

Last edited:

scottdisco

rip this joint please
their plant in Clonmel is the size of a small village, it's quite astonishing.

Tea is of course OTM re this absurd usage of "pear cider".

S

simon silverdollar

the guy off the Magners advert that says 'just give it to me straight, like a pear cider made from one hundred per cent... pears'

give it to you straight?
ok.
SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP SHATUP!!!!!!!!!! (After Jammer).

sorry, i meant to put this in the 'pointless but it does my head in' thread. i am in no way condoning magners perry ad.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Private eye lookalikes - emma watson and richard dawkins. Fucking scary this one i swear. so so spot on.

In case anyone is still interested / hasn't seen it:

128677918460759115.jpg

It is rather freaky.

john eden

male pale and stale
Seeing someone who looked suspiciously like Simon Silverdollar in some footage on newsnight last night.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The world's nerdiest and best in-joke:

chocoleibniz1.jpg
vs.
fig-newtons.gif

The greatest intellectual rivalry in history reincarnated in biscuit form. Genius.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
Badly drawn picture of Bart Simpson with big triangular spliff in his mouth complete with speech bubble saying "SMOKE WEED, MAN".