Capitalism, Marxism and Related Matters

Woebot

Crows are really some crew ... here they luv to mob the redtail hawks ,
in Himal near Tengboche it felt like we struck up a conversation with one alpha type
in Japan ... well they rule the streets and so big authorities had to adapt and requite all gomi be secured or else the crows were all in it.
i have a serious fondness for crows. damn those birds are so intelligent - one can just FEEL it.

i once found an injured crow under a bush near our house. he had a broken wing. i took him home (wrapped in a coat) i swear he was talking to me. we took him to the vet and left him there and the bastards just put him down the moment we left. kicking myself - we should have nursed him ourselves.

polystyle

i have a serious fondness for crows. damn those birds are so intelligent - one can just FEEL it.

i once found an injured crow under a bush near our house. he had a broken wing. i took him home (wrapped in a coat) i swear he was talking to me. we took him to the vet and left him there and the bastards just put him down the moment we left. kicking myself - we should have nursed him ourselves.
Oh ! .... ahhhh.

You know where i live - Stuyvesant Town - and there is a crow crew / mob here of about 4 that makes their morning rounds ( do they all sleep near each other ? )
at first light and often they see one of the red tail hawks that also live around ...
Crow madness ensues ! it became like an alarm clock.
They will harass the hawk ( always solo ) until they got bored, or the hawk flies off.
And they are getting bigger.

catalog

Yesterday I went and bought some "lahori chicken", and we were walking to the park to eat it, and on the way we saw a flattened dead rat on the road, and there was a crow trying to drag it off in between cars driving by

Leo

hang'em high

The CEO of Boeing received $21.1 million in compensation last year even though the company lost $12 billion and laid off 30,000 workers amid safety woes and the coronavirus pandemic, The New York Times reports. One of Boeing’s flagship aircraft, the 737 Max, was grounded for the majority of 2020 after two crashes that killed hundreds, and news subsequently broke of the company’s own active avoidance of safety protocols. The coronavirus pandemic also sent jet sales spiraling as travel tanked worldwide.

Similar discrepancies occurred at other companies during the year of COVID-19: Hilton’s CEO Chris Nassetta received $55.9 million in compensation despite a loss of $720 million and layoffs that hit 25 percent of the company’s corporate staff. Norwegian Cruise Line increased its CEO’s pay by 100 percent to $36.4 million even as the company lost $4 billion and furloughed a fifth of its employees amid a total freeze of the cruise industry. Worldwide, billionaires saw their fortunes soar during the pandemic even as economic crises devastated millions.

Leo

airlines, hospitality, cruise lines...all industries that went begging to the government for bailouts.

get the pitchforks, time for heads on a pike.

Leo

hang 'em high, part deux

The stock price of drugmaker Emergent BioSolutions hit the floor after it admitted that some 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson’s coronavirus vaccine were wrecked at one of its plants. But its chief executive, Robert Kramer, seems to have narrowly avoided taking a massive financial hit. According to The Washington Post, Kramer sold off more than $10 million worth of his stock in the company in January and early February— before the Johnson & Johnson debacle was disclosed in late March. If he sold those same stocks now, with Emergent’s slashed market price, the Post estimates that he would only raise around $5.5 million. Kramer’s sales were reportedly made as part of a trading plan agreed to in November. He didn’t comment on the Post’s story, but Emergent spokeswoman Nina DeLorenzo said the sale was planned well in advance of the vaccine production problems and added that “any insinuation of wrongdoing is without evidence or merit.”