Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
This one is nice too
Bug Khan & the Plastic Jam - Made In Two Minutes (Origin Unknown remix):

And this is one of the (many) tunes that Kenny Ken kills it with on the Jungle Soundclash vid
Conquering Lion - Stamina:

That breakdown at 2 mins! :D

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Let's talk about junglist aliases. Am I right in thinking that -
(a) Studio 2 was an early name used by Shy FX
(b) Lenny De Ice later became Uncle 22
?

This is is the sort of thing that really confuses me from the pov of someone listening now who wasn't about at the time. I get all excited about some new hot jungle producer I think I've discovered, only for someone to tell me a week later 'you know that's just such-and-such under a different name, right?'. :eek:
If anyone else has any interesting tidbits along these lines, please feel free to share.

DJ PIMP

Let's talk about junglist aliases. Am I right in thinking that -
(a) Studio 2 was an early name used by Shy FX
(b) Lenny De Ice later became Uncle 22
Rolldabeats and Discogs both suggest Uncle and Lennie are different people.

Discogs has Studio 2 as an alias for Anthill Mob.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

was due to be released on Good Looking, appears that the label has melted down though. http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1971615492

Quite like the tune, I've got a bit of a soft spot for that atmospheric sort of jungle, although I can see why people disliked or even despised it.

rwtt

I've got a bit of a soft spot for that atmospheric sort of jungle, although I can see why people disliked or even despised it.

simon reynolds be damned, the first (and only, in my book ) Logical Progression comp and the tunes on it will always have a special place in my heart.

FairiesWearBoots

word, that album is a classic, wasnt too soft & noodly, had a perfect mix of beats & atmosphere,

Does anyone have any good links for mid - 90's mixes? I have most of the Blue Note mixes, just looking for something on a deeper tip (Photek/Source Direct/Hidden Agenda/Prototype/Creative Source) etc?

There's plenty of Jump up mixes available from that time but not many on a deeper tip?
I cant stand trying to wade through the guff on DOA . . . soul destroying

I finally ordered a USB interface so I will endeavour to record a mix from my mainly 90's vinyl collection - will post in the next week or so

any mixes/blogs/links to this period of DnB 95 - 98/99 would be really appreciated, cheers.

hucks

Your Message Here
Like that Bukem tune, but Atmospheric Jubilancy? Really? That sounds like a pisstake of a Good Looking title. I remember one night in a queue to see him, me and my mates played a game of inventing Good Looking track titles. Emotional Clemency, Respectable Pilgrimage, Orthodox Husbandry, Transcendant Cordiality, that kind of thing.

Yes, we were students at the time, now you mention it.

Last edited:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I saw Congo Natty at Bloc, they went on til about 7am. It's the only time I've actually seen a 100% jungle set

FairiesWearBoots

Thanks Droid, dont know how I missed your site, will check out the mixes for sure,

happy days today as my new Allen Heath mixer arrived (the cheapest in the line but it sounds great!)

Don Rosco

Does anyone have any good links for mid - 90's mixes?

Best mix i've ever heard:

http://jbotapes.blogspot.com/2009/12/jbo-tape-12-ltj-bukem-fantazia-takes.html

Part 2 of this Fantazia pack sees Bukem blazing across a thirteen track selection. Coming before he had refined his signature sound, this is something all fans of his need to hear - a truly unique mix, nothing like some of the near identical mixes (sorry) from later in his career... no MC in sight and only one record from his own imprints (see MP3 ID3 tags for tracklisting).

Makes Logical Progression sound really, really dull. I do like LP, but this mix . . . whoa.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

*AIR HORN*