version

I read the first one on Camera Obscura when Gus posted it and thought it was good and not particularly difficult.

version

The Dick one will probably be better because he's much more interesting than Camera Obscura, but maybe the style gets more difficult over time. The Camera Obscura one's his first ever post on the site.

luka

you should try reading it version see what results you get i cant get past about 15-20 seconds of exposure before i have to close the window

luka

i dont mean this as an insult or in a nasty way, more as a very interesting phenonemen. its visceral, a real pushing away

Reactions: sus

luka

i do feel guilty about this. i keep trying to fight it. im a firm beleiver in engaging with our extra curricular projects.

Reactions: sus

luka

i feel like i should be able to break it down into bite sized morsels and swallow them that way but the forcefield is so powerful

version

It reads quickly, imo. He's got quite a loose, conversational style. Some of the terms and thought experiments he throws in are things I'm unfamliar with, but not to the point I can't get the gist of them.

version

I want to read A Scanner Darkly now. I've seen the film loads, but never read the book. I've got The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch and Valis here, so I'll pick up one of them for the time being.

luka

Pynchon is a stoned dilatatory prose style and some paranoia youre not really supposed to take seriously. its a game. with Dick you could really lose your mind.

version

Pynchon is a stoned dilatatory prose style and some paranoia youre not really supposed to take seriously. its a game. with Dick you could really lose your mind.
Is losing your mind as useful as being clued in on actual history you're unaware of?