The odius Niall Ferguson and his defence of Pinochet

luka

how disappointing...in my head i got niall quinn mixed up with niall ferguson....

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"The history man and fatwa girl: How will David Cameron take news that think-tank guru Niall Ferguson has deserted wife Sue Douglas for Somali feminist?"

That's far too literal a headline...it's a disgrace with the wrodplay possibilities available.

Nice tattoo.

craner

Beast of Burden
Ms Luscombe, a friend of Ms Hirsi Ali, said: ‘I think that is where they met for the first time. In all the years I have known Ayaan, she’s never had a boyfriend. She’s gorgeous, but with a fatwa, it’s tricky to find guys.’

According to sources within Ferguson’s influential circle of academic friends, he has made no secret of his relationship with Ms Hirsi Ali.

The British historian Sir Alistair Horne, with whom he is currently writing the authorised biography of Henry Kissinger, is said to know about the affair, as does Mr Kissinger. However a spokesman for the statesman declined to comment yesterday

Hahaha, this is great prose!

Martin Amis should write this.

craner

Beast of Burden
He is seen as a contentious figure in literary circles, prompting one rival historian to declare: ‘He has the kind of face you want to punch.’

This is fantastic stuff!

Bettysnake

twisted pony ******
"The history man and fatwa girl: How will David Cameron take news that think-tank guru Niall Ferguson has deserted wife Sue Douglas for Somali feminist?"

I told mi pal the news about Niall and she reckons that they are the Neo-con Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson....

crackerjack

Michael Gove at #Hay speaks from audience and asks Niall Ferguson to help build a new history curriculum for UK schools.

Sweet Jesus. Any history teachers in the Dissensus education massive? You're about to join the intellectual vanguard of imperialist revisionism ;)

four_five_one

Infinition
Can only think of one person more loathesome than Michael Gove: Niall Ferguson. I note Simon Scharma wanted a piece of the action too though, which is more promising, though he's a pretty irritating character too.

The odious Niall Ferguson is delivering another Reith Lecture on Radio4 right now, hamming it up as a neo-Darwinian robber-banker apologist. As if his purposeful mangling of evolutionary theory and economics together wasn't bad enough, listen to his delivery. Urgh.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I noticed he got a fairly generous (certainly very even-handed) profile in The Guardian the other day as a kind of trailer for this.