soca

dave quam

The Gutter Riddim was definitely my favorite soca riddim from last year, I need to think about my fav this year and dig out some more recommendations, I love soca.

dave quam

oh also,

Bouyon Soca, that is my shit. It comes from Dominica, and is basically soca go go. Super fast carnival bands, often playing hip-hop covers. There is a lot of it on Youtube, but I'll hook up some mp3s too. WCK, MFR and Triple Kay are great bands to check out.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I'm proud to say at this Toronto's Caribana this year, the day's anthem was far and away Donaeo's Party Hard remix. The Caribbean loves this tune. It's not really soca, but the soca enthusiasts don't seem to care at all.

bateman

Palance

this one has (deservedly) been all over twitter lately.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Ok, checkin out that bouyon soca, pretty interesting:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
hmm... can anyone recommend a digital 'store' for soca btw ? as in with a good range, reaching back a few years, and decent all around/artists getting a good share of the sales ?
c.