Late-night drinking and dancing spots in London

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Probably been in the same bars though I'm out much less than I used to be. Trishas is amazing early on but gets too packed out for me, I like empty places. You're right though it's about the best one there at the moment, don't tell no-one though"
I like quiet places too - the other day I went in a Lebanese (I think) place in Soho, it had a restaurant upstairs and a bar underneath that was pretty cosy. We went in about half twelve on a Friday and we got a seat easy. Think it stays open until about three and I'd definitely go there again. Maybe it was only quiet 'cause it was the first weekend of the year though. Oh yeah, I think it's on Greek Street, the one that the Coach and Horses is on anyway.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There are two (at least) Russian bars on Kingsland Road, you're talking about the A10 place on the left hand side of the road as you head away from Old Street which has become a kind of trendy hang-out dealing with the Shoreditch overspill over the last couple of years. It used to stay open all night but now it's only licensed until three or something. Further up the road on the other side is a more Russian bar which I think is what BareBones is talking about, I've only been in there once but I reckon it does have pool tables and stuff.

Aaah, gotcha. Yeah, I was talking about the former. I first went there about five or six years ago, and it was brilliant - sign outside with Russian cartoon characters and Cyrillic lettering on it, interior decor like Grandma's house and couples bopping to '90s Eurocheese techno under a mirrorball. Sounds like the other place might be worth checking out though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, that must be it, didn't see a ballet dancer although the fat bloke behind the bar was doing his best to make up for her absence.

BareBones

wheezy
yeah the russian place i've been to was further up kingsland road, more dalston than shoreditch. only been there a couple of times, for birthday parties, was very fun both times but i can't comment on what a usual night there is like.

and speaking about lebanese restaurants, me and my girlfriend went to this place called Levant recently and it was fucking sweet, tucked away down a little side street, amazing food, lovely vibe, not as expensive as the reviews make out (just get a load of mezzes in is the best option): http://www.london-eating.co.uk/1910.htm

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
and speaking about lebanese restaurants, me and my girlfriend went to this place called Levant recently and it was fucking sweet, tucked away down a little side street, amazing food, lovely vibe, not as expensive as the reviews make out (just get a load of mezzes in is the best option): http://www.london-eating.co.uk/1910.htm

lebanese.png