Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Mexico

having said that

that shit with Chapo's son was fucking wild

narcos shooting down helicopters and shooting up cop/military columns isn't new, but taking over a whole city - not a tiny town up in the hills - like that is

sidenote on the Spengler/land/heritage side

there are Mexican Nazis or similar. it's wild. I never ran into any but a Mexican antifa type skin explained it to me once.

it's been many years but iirc the types

1) regular white (i.e. claiming only "Castilian" heritage) Nazis

2) more interesting - claiming that the mestizo union of European + indigenous is the master race - la raza cosmica of Jose Vasconcelos in place of the Aryan

they are both very fringe to my understanding, but do exist

on a more casual note you can buy Nazi stuff - shirts, copies of Mein Kampf, etc - from street vendors in Mexico City without anyone blinking

tho that has to do with ignorance I think, there being very few Jews in Mexico

3. The Following User Says Thank You to padraig (u.s.) For This Useful Post:

I went through a degenerate phase of watching YouTube videos about California's prison system and its either north or south Mexicans that side with the ayran nation and other white prison gangs

re: the altar of skulls - is there genuine religious/spiritual/mystical sentiment behind stuff like that or is it just intimidation tactics?

The former I'd imagine. I saw it on breaking bad

You get the same thing in drill with the juju men. The baths that confer invulnerability. The magical rings.

People who live in a world of violence and death and crime often turn to the Occult for protection. The standard gods don't really do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    re: the altar of skulls - is there genuine religious/spiritual/mystical sentiment behind stuff like that or is it just intimidation tactics?
    both, depending on context, tho in this case probably just the former, given the occult overtones and that it wasn't publicly displayed

in general there's almost definitely an element of genuine belief in narco folk Catholicism, Santa Muerte etc

luke is pretty on the money as to the psychology of it, I think

reminds me of a line in a William Gibson book in re voodoo (paraphrasing) "you know this works man, it's street religion: you go to the gods who get job done"

not only do the standard gods not get the job done, neither do the authorities

it explains why people don't just suffer the rule, but actually romanticize and in some cases worship narcos

i.e. there is in a cartel named after the Knights Templar (really), who's dead founder Nazario is worshipped as a saint in Michoacan where he was from

Reminds me of that scene in City of God (weirdly unconnected with the rest of the film) where Lil Ze goes to a candomble guy and is given a protective necklace.

The voodoo gang in Predator 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    The voodoo gang in Predator 2 as well.
    That's the second time in a few weeks this reference has come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

It's about the fifth, and it's always version.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Mr. Policeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Attachment 1686

Plus ca change...
    Not like we haven't got a pretty grim fairly recent history, heads on spikes, people being drawn and quartered etc..

I have a Mexican housemate in my new place on our first conversation didn't take long for her to end up on the cartels. She said she grew up in a pretty quiet port town that over the course of her childhood got taken over by cartels resulting in her seeing heads left in shopping malls, body parts left around on the street for people to see etc. And described how people got completely numbed to it eventually. I get the feeling most of it is purely fear and intimidation especially considering how much money is made from extortion.