London pubs

craner

Beast of Burden
Bradley's is a beautiful place, but it's not a pub! Although, if we are going to add bars to the remit, I'm more than happy about that...

craner

Beast of Burden
funny, i wonder if i have ever seen you without knowing, i have been in the Griffin quite a lot this last year. its a lovely spot, so comfy

Possibly. If you ever see a man dressed like Robert Evans circa 1970s and enjoying Sparks on the jukebox, it's probably me.

Sparks as in Bubbling Sparks & KIE Kinder Surprise, Into Your Eyes, Just realise? They really have that stuff on jukeboxes in London

craner

Beast of Burden
Sparks as in Kimono My House.

By the way, if we lose the next Ten Bells pop quiz, I'm ditching these losers and looking for a new team. Any potential Dissensus takers? We need to cover all bases, and five people max. So I don't want, say, five grime obsessives.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Sparks as in Kimono My House.

By the way, if we lose the next Ten Bells pop quiz, I'm ditching these losers and looking for a new team. Any potential Dissensus takers? We need to cover all bases, and five people max. So I don't want, say, five grime obsessives.

I might be interested if the prize is given in pork scratchings.

I know the nationalities of too many Europop bands.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
OT but all the best pork scratchings tend to have a Walsall or Wolverhampton post-code i'd say

Dudley at a pinch

RTP_Scratch_clear.jpg

(in much the same way the best black pudding is from Bolton 9)

craner

Beast of Burden
Vauxhall Griffin sells Monster Munch. I am always impressed by this. Pubs that only sell McCoys are to be avoided. That's one of the reasons I ditched the Morpeth.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
The Doghouse in Kennington is a good 'un. They sell Fentiman's lemonade/ginger beer etc. Quality non-alcoholic drinks are very important for me, as they are a huge factor in why i find it impossible to go to most pubs and avoid alcohol. Which sometimes it is best for me to do.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm off to a Sam Smiths called The Rising Sun near Barbican this evening. I'm hoping that it will be a bit quiter than average 'cause it's down a little alley somewhere.

craner

Beast of Burden
I spent last night in The Royal George, just off Charing Cross Road. This was due to a birthday party, rather than by choice. It's a horrific place. It's a "rock" pub, so the music is obtrusive and bad. Its main advantage, from what I could tell, is the fact that the bar stays open until 1am. Although, that didn't seem like much of an advantage when I woke up this morning. Also, its seedy interior leaves you feeling slightly soiled, no matter how fun and innocent the evening's events have been. (And they were.)

hucks

Your Message Here
I'm off to a Sam Smiths called The Rising Sun near Barbican this evening. I'm hoping that it will be a bit quiter than average 'cause it's down a little alley somewhere.

I go there quite often - it's between Middle St and Smithfields, I think. It's OK. In the summer you can stand outside, but it's a bit nippy at the mo

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
May be off tonight to the Silver Buckle in Camberwell, which I saw someone describe as "the worst pub in London". Excellent.

Last edited: