Newswipe

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Brooker never looks comfortable though, he's professionally angry and neurotic.

I prefer it when he's playing a miserable misanthropic version of himself, as opposed to guffawing along with Jamelia and two... were they comedians?

Reminded me of seeing Moylsey looking confused and unsure of himself in the glare of studio spotlights, as opposed to being an arrogant chortling cunt on radio 1.

hucks

Your Message Here
This doesn't work at all. I watched it again last night, and the switching between Screenwipe-y bits, the "quiz" and the chat show is really clunky. And he almost admits as much. It was quite hard to watch.

crackerjack

This doesn't work at all. I watched it again last night, and the switching between Screenwipe-y bits, the "quiz" and the chat show is really clunky. And he almost admits as much. It was quite hard to watch.

yeah, enjoyed his bit about the jacko funeral, but the need to get everyone else involved and to ha ha ha at whatever inanity they came up with was just...well, exactly the kind of nothingy filler Brooker waxes outraged out

gumdrops

i dunno where i am with this series but i stopped watching a while ago - seems to have run out of steam. lots of angry mouth foaming but not always that much to warrant it. plus there was one a while back where they cut to some woman (who was interesting i thought though i cant remember what it was about now) then when it came back to CB he was like 'yeah whatever'. :confused:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
i dunno where i am with this series but i stopped watching a while ago - seems to have run out of steam. lots of angry mouth foaming but not always that much to warrant it. plus there was one a while back where they cut to some woman (who was interesting i thought though i cant remember what it was about now) then when it came back to CB he was like 'yeah whatever'. :confused:

I'd say the opposite this and the last series have both been much better- more academic, more rigorous, more intellectual. I've used it loads in lessons about how the media works.

The American bloke is rubbish though.