MP3 speakers

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
For a Creative Zen MP3 player, I'm looking for some really good speakers..any ideas?

Thanks in advance. :)

zhao

there are no accidents
not specifically for mp3 players, but anyone heard anything about this???

Our pioneering Gel Audio™ Technology turns virtually any solid surface into a seamless, high quality loudspeaker without the need for speaker cut-outs or grills – including glass, plastic, metal, wood and composites.

and so cheap?!?!

DJ PIMP

i'm just waiting for some testimonials... if they really work as well as i imagine... but 45 euros! what the hell maybe i'll just be the guinee pig... hmmmmmm
i've seen clips of crappier looking devices using the same principle. the sound was what you'd expect to hear when using random materials that were never intended to be speakers, i.e. poo.

maybe the comsol jobby is better? it's an interesting concept...

massrock

Are they kind of like PZMs in reverse? Those can sound quite good so maybe...

I'll stick with my Genelecs for now though. ;)

carmen

 
first thing i try is un-amped speaker to headphone/speaker jack.

works with sony amp IC, intel HDA, and some mp3player

60/70s shortwave radios form germany and japan are nice. typically 3 to 12 watts of audio power with FM tuning thrown in to boot. you might have to build a custom DIN5 cable (cut a MIDI) but its certainly a better way to invest 60 or 70 bux than some lame HarmonKardon dock with 2" 'woofers'. i can drive podcasts to neighbor-bothering levels with one of these (ITT Schaub Lorenz 107) and a bookshelf speaker from a trash heap

Last edited:

carmen

 
akon_i931.jpg

nomos

Administrator
first thing i try is un-amped speaker to headphone/speaker jack.

works with sony amp IC, intel HDA, and some mp3player

60/70s shortwave radios form germany and japan are nice. typically 3 to 12 watts of audio power with FM tuning thrown in to boot. you might have to build a custom DIN5 cable (cut a MIDI) but its certainly a better way to invest 60 or 70 bux than some lame HarmonKardon dock with 2" 'woofers'. i can drive podcasts to neighbor-bothering levels with one of these (ITT Schaub Lorenz 107) and a bookshelf speaker from a trash heap
not totally following but this sounds like a fun project. would you happen to have pics of your work?