linebaugh

@constant escape
Yes an no. Your right to call it energy accumulation. Thats effectively how they understand money, among other things. But your wrong to say there are more and more ways to for the magma to reach surface. They say the opposite is true, because of that energy (desire) accumulation. So look at the primitive society, pre money. Energy is immediately released into the social system, creating new alliances and debts. When energy is accumulated in the oedipilizied society, its robbed of that productive capability. Rather than affecting change, this productive capacity sits inert, accumulated in cash. (This is not to say that desire=money or they are arguing for some anarcho primitivism though, I'm just trying to be concise).
They refer to the pre Oedipal society as the bush and the oedipilized the desert. Think about the complexity of the bush, all the interactions of plants and animals compared to the barren desert. Oedipilization is a turn away from complexity. This is right in line with our societies of control/discipline conversation in the mark fisher thread (which I think you were a part of?)

As for the last question Im not sure. What do you mean?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
@constant escape
Yes an no. Your right to call it energy accumulation. Thats effectively how they understand money, among other things. But your wrong to say there are more and more ways to for the magma to reach surface. They say the opposite is true, because of that energy (desire) accumulation.
I meant that the manner of reaching the surface becomes more and more elaborate, circuitious, complex. More bureaucratized, systematized, automated, etc.

I think i would agree, that it doesn't seem like there are more and more ways.

As for the last question, I'm just thinking about how a higher order can form as a result of mass repression. What kind of higher order (tentative to say) assemblages form as a product/byproduct of ever more civilized/repressed/technical expressions of basic urges?

vimothy

yurp
I think @vimothy might be the authority on the subject here though
not at all, my understanding of delueze and guattari is heavily influenced by delanda's reading, for whom this is all relatively unimportant. however, I think you can easily guess, or infer - that oedipus is that figure who desires his own repression, who desires to sit in his parent's throne, to overthrow his father and become him. hence a "manual of antifascism" is necessarily the work of an "anti-oedipus". it locates the family as the organising principle of society, the site of a kind of proto-coloniamism, which perverts an honest desire into the production of civilisation, and rejects it as such.

version

Luka keeps trying to get me to buy a shirt from his new shop.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
560.jpg

linebaugh

"vocal substance brings into play various organic elements: not only the larynx, but the mouth and lips...the mouth as a deterritorialization of the snout...the lips as a deterritorialization of the mouth (only humans have lips...an outward curling of the interior mucous membranes; only human females have breasts...deterritorialized mammary glands: the extended nursing period advantageous for language learning is accompanied by a complementary reterritorialization of the lips on the breasts, and the breasts on the lips). What a curious deterritorialization, filling one's mouth with words instead of food and noises. The steppe, once more, seems to have exerted strong pressures of selection: the 'supple larynx' is a development corresponding to the free hand and could have arisen only in a deforested milieu where it is no longer necessary to have gigantic laryngeal sacks in order for one's cries to be heard above the constant din of the forest. To articulate, to speak, is to speak softly"

"each minor language has a properly dialectical zone of variation...it is rare to find clear boundaries on dialect maps; instead, there are transitional and limitrophe zones, zones of indiscernibility. It is also said that 'the Quebecois language is so rich in modulations and variations of regional accents and in games with tonic accents that it sometimes seems, with no exaggeration, that it would be better preserved by musical notation than any system of spelling...Black English has its own grammar, which is not defined by a sum of mistakes or infractions against standard English"

catalog

Quote like that does make you wanna tackle it. Great leaps of imagination going on, and actually it makes the de/re territorialisation thing make much better sense.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
It was from the last section that I read, I think section 5, called "On several regimes of signs" or something to that effect. I would imagine that regularly reading stuff on this forum would give one an edge in understanding D&G, sort of like you'd have more material to reverse-engineer some of the theories that inform this place.