It's The Ashes!

crackerjack

Bopara just got hit in the throat by Siddle and didn't even flinch. Had no idea he was that hard. Hope Brian close was watching.

Last edited:

crackerjack

im barely listening attentively but... has the hobbling stopped, i must have missed them mentioning it on the radio?

it just looked bad for 20 mins or so. he ran that 2 pretty smoothly, but then i've got the volume off while i 'work' in front of the telly, so i'm missing more than a west indies catching circle.

i'd say england look pretty comfy with these two, if i thought it could be said without ill effect

edit: there was about 15 mins and 15 runs between that post and colly getting out, which i reckon is outside the zone of responsibility

Last edited:

crackerjack

first day honours even, maybe slightly in our favour. but what a shit last half hour.

380 would be a decent 1st innings total

hucks

Your Message Here
Cos of where we are now or cos of the pitch?

I saw the last two dismissals. Cannot believe they put Anderson in as nightwatchman. What is the point in that?

crackerjack

Cos of where we are now or cos of the pitch?

I saw the last two dismissals. Cannot believe they put Anderson in as nightwatchman. What is the point in that?

It looks like a low-scoring wicket, not easy to take wickets, but ball bouncing low, outfield slow (that may change overnight if it's dry). Anderson's swing, if it's happening, and Swann and Monty's spin just might...

Last time out England finished the first day pulverised by McGrath. Today everyone got into double figures and looked fairly comfortable (except Bopara).

crackerjack

3 consecutive boundaries from Swann, the last a reverse sweep - now we've passed 400. great stuff

edit: Swann thinks it;s still 20-20, he's got 40 in half an hour

Last edited:
S

simon silverdollar

3 consecutive boundaries from Swann, the last a reverse sweep - now we've passed 400. great stuff

edit: Swann thinks it;s still 20-20, he's got 40 in half an hour

this is brilliant...i wish i was watching it so i could see ricky ponting's face do its squinty-eyed despair thing.

quick 50 from Monty should finish them off...

crackerjack

swann just got caught off a no ball. there are some really pissed off baggy caps out there. england have scored 98 in 75 mins.

and now it's over. shame swann couldn't get his 50, but he has definitely given england the advantage. and monty ws the only one not to reach double figures

S

simon silverdollar

please, please a wicket soon...please.

it's all so depressingly familiar. of course it was going to go like this.

hucks

Your Message Here
Watching the highlights now. Some of the bowling isn't great, but those two have barely given a single chance. Our only hope is that it's sunny when we bat, no swing, and we get a draw.

Early days, but I do worry about getting 20 wickets with that attack. I mean at all this summer, not this test.

don_quixote

Trent End
there definitely should have been an lbw given in there. but doctrove isnt fuckin giving anything this test. and how unlucky was broad?

anyway, can see this being a big fat draw unless james anderson and monty panesar turn up tomorrow. swann, broad and flintoff bowled well for my money.

thing is i dont reckon they should be able to get twenty wickets either, but when youve got tossers like pietersen chucking away his wicket and saying he has no regrets and would play the same shot again. it's a test match you cunt. it's a fucking docile nothing pitch and you throw your wicket away like THAT? start doing that on day fucken two when we've got 400 on the board.

i know he top scored etc. etc. but REALLY.