0bleak

it could be that you don't have 'a soul' meaning you are oblivious to its value?

Hey, i just remembered something last night that might go some way in answering this question.
People used to call me the funky drummer like james brown's drummer (although I would never claim to be as good! - my nvld prevented me from ever being truly great), and i used to produce beats and music and even got pretty good at scratching considering the crappy turntable I had, and there were a lot of people that wanted to collaborate with me for those reasons - from doing several collaborations at talent shows, people using my beats in class assignments to lay down rhymes about a subject, from the teacher in band when I was 11th grade giving me free reign to play whatever I felt on the drum set, to also other teachers that gave private music lessons that would have me be the drummer in their student recitals, to people taking me to recording studios with them to lay down drum tracks for their rhymes (whether it was stuff I played or programmed), to people taking stuff I programmed in the drum machine to to the local college radio station to freestyle over... just some things I remembered off the top of my head.
How about you? :p

catalog

I think there's a potent future-nostalgia synthesis when a vision that grabbed you recedes into the past. Hangs over you like a dream. I still get a pang of excitement looking at a still from Alien or clips of the Terminator. I'm aware they're old, but they don't feel any less futuristic to me. The imagination factor's key. We've drones zipping all over the place, laser weapons, touchscreen phones, but they don't feel like "The Future" the way some tune or film from '98 does. They don't have the pull.

Part of it's down to contemporary depictions not feeling that distinct from the present. You look at some SF and the decor isn't far off a rich person's minimalist townhouse. The current vision's a dematerialised future. A sterile future. The older visions could be tactile and rugged. That's partly why they stick.
I think a lot about alien and terminator too. It's like they've written the future with those 2.

Almost like we are following them as blueprints.