Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Youtube served me up this interview, interesting perspective on knife crime/drill music.

The interviewer points out that what he says about knife crime doesn't jibe with his latest release, 'S.A.S' (stabbers and shooters) and it is weird listening to it after hearing him speak in the way he does, but as he says negativity gets clicks and makes money so I can see there being a bind here, especially cos as he says a lot of people do rap to get out of the hood. (Also people in comments underneath saying he's still repping a gang, others saying the gang isn't active anymore.)

Also he's really good! I'd never heard of him before, being a dilettante

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Mr EBK

10 days ago (edited)
Tlo I wouldn't be so comfortable to say there's no one on demon time. your forgetting he's on a active deportation case, and has to appear the best he can. This is the same guy who sha*ked up half of Tottenham in 016, sho*tings too. Take what he's saying with a pinch of salt

UK Hood News
10 days ago
Ngl a1fromthe9 is one smart guy and he articulates himself and comes across soo well.. but if you're from North London you'll know what he's not referencing this guy was 17 sho*ting and st*bbing man from Tottenham twice his age.. that's why police wanted to make an example and that's why he was so big in the beginning of drill

Looks like I've fallen for some bullshit (first time for everything i suppose), wasn't aware of the backstory lol

shakahislop

Youtube served me up this interview, interesting perspective on knife crime/drill music.

The interviewer points out that what he says about knife crime doesn't jibe with his latest release, 'S.A.S' (stabbers and shooters) and it is weird listening to it after hearing him speak in the way he does, but as he says negativity gets clicks and makes money so I can see there being a bind here, especially cos as he says a lot of people do rap to get out of the hood. (Also people in comments underneath saying he's still repping a gang, others saying the gang isn't active anymore.)

Also he's really good! I'd never heard of him before, being a dilettante

this is great you're right. It's not as boring as all the UK hiphop that reaches my ears, but also not as mean and - this is the word that comes to mind - screwface and mean as UK drill

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Pop Smoke had to die so Abra could take his blueprint and make it better. Really strange occult back and forth of influence and spirit power.
I used to subscribe to this viewpoint but listening back to "spin the coupe" its like he's trying a bit too hard

Pop Smoke sounded more intimidating because he came off as a bit simple, like Jason from Friday 13th

wild greens

Skrapz was on a great run then. did you get into the 80s baby tape? Its on streaming now as well not sure how they cleared the beats, maybe they didn't