Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's sort of refreshing to hear a UK rapper not doing drill and imitating a slightly older form of US rap and this is decent so far (6 tracks in). But it's also a bit bland.

Didn't realise he is so popular, most tracks already on half a million streams on Spotify after a few days.

luka

The Potter Payper album is so good, best UK thing in years, can't recommend it enough. Really surprised, didn't think he had it in him

as recommended on the guardians manchester city vs chelsea live updates

maxi

uk drill 2017-19 has settled into being some of the best uk music ever for me now. captures the feel of the time and place as well as any other music ive heard

haven't checked drill much lately but just listened to some central cee and it sounded too smooth and happy. no elegiac pianos & bells, choral synths and foggy ambience like the gothic older sound

I wonder if a lot will get lost to time as it just exists as youtube videos which might eventually disappear. listeners seem to move on to the next thing quickly too. I sometimes think of the internet as making everything permanent and archived, but actually when stuff is just digital it can get lost in a way that might not happen when records are in circulation

there was a third 1011 track I wanted to post but it's not there anymore. nowhere online at all, not spotify youtube or anything. glad I ripped it

shakahislop

saw giggs do a show tonight, it was just round the corner. hadn't heard anything he did since about 2011 when he sounded like a malevolent monster so it was a surprise to see him awkwardly leading the crowd in waving their arms from side to side

okzharp

he looks so awkward when he does that little jumping-up-and-down-just-before-the-bass-comes-in thing that all the big guys do when they're on a festival stage - 1.25 in this video has been a little lol for me and my mate for years

other_life

bioconfused
two desiderata
- a comprehensive 'best of uk drill' youtube playlist; iirc luke used to have one but pulled it, too many deleted videos?
- something similar or at least something to read ab the development of road rap -> drill; looking back at this thread the leap seems very sudden in 2016 from people rapping over u.s. style trap and boom bap/tunnel banger beats and i don't see any tracks that capture it in the middle of developing into a region-specific style

luka

i think the playlist was bartys we did a thread to cover london music post grime it was there