sadmanbarty

drill had exhausted its formula by the end of 2017. at the time i remember hoping the afro-swing drill would come to fruition. absorb more american influences. didn't end up happening.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Listening to the AM/Skengdo album.

Not that into Skengdo. I basically fall asleep until AM comes in. Like LD on 67 tunes.

luka

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jailed-rapper-becomes-huge-youtube-16268777

COPS investigating a deadly Manchester turf war which resulted in a boy aged seven and his mum being gunned down on their doorstep have banned a middle aged woman nicknamed ‘Mamma’ and her two sons from visiting parts of the city.

Catherine McCann, 53 and sons Patrick, 30, and Jordan, 21, were issued with court orders known as ‘Gangbos’ after 50 tit-for-tat shootings between rival gangs in the space of just 16 months left three men dead and at least 17 others injured.

Last month little Christian Hickey and his bank worker mum Jayne, 29, were kneecapped by a hitman who called at their home in Eccles, Gtr Manchester. It is believed he was looking for the boy’s ex-con dad, also called Christian.

Victim Christian in his hospital bed
PA
The shocking violence comes three months after veteran crime boss Paul Massey, 55, was shot and killed in a contract killing at his home in July.

Officers have now confirmed the McCanns from Little Hulton, Salford, plus ten other associates have been served with interim civil injunctions banning them from various parts of the Salford area.

Part of the area they are banned from includes four streets where shootings have taken place in recent months – but not the street where the Hickey family live.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
That video is the weirdest thing. You could base a Cultural Studies career on these two videos (though I guess they'd shoot you if they found out about it).

Like this weird collision of reality TV and the true crime luridness that you see in gawping out from Take A Break magazine, plus rap's fetishisation of authenticity.

I've been trying to think of an appropriate metaphor all day but I can't.

The bits with his Mum in!

tenor.gif

Last edited:

version

I quite like it, but it's weird hearing stuff like 'bando' in a Manc accent. The stuff with the mum reminds me of Grime Gran.

luka

you would never have heard these stories out of people's own mouths before. Not in this country.

Dad committing suicide in prison

luka

But like Danny said its not really, I love this as music. It's another thing. I don't think it's just rubbernecking either. Although I'm sure lots of people would say it is.

forclosure

Birdman is the originator of the hand rub

and that track you posted practically a mid 00s Mob Figgaz track right down to the wistful vocal sample, kinda ting Tha Jacka, Hustlah and Joe Blow would rap over

Last edited:

forclosure

not sure where to place this but here we are

long story short rapper Jay1 tried to rip Dot off for a beat

i really like the beat for this