woofah issue 4

john eden

male pale and stale
Yes yes!

woofah4_pic3-765853.jpg

Last minute pre-hype. Hot off the press. Available very very soon. Stay tuned.

john eden

male pale and stale
unofficial launch party 1: DMZ Leeds, Saturday.

unofficial launch party 2: Dissensus Drinks, Tuesday.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
John, what on earth is that computer you're working at? It's looks like a BBC Micro or something. Old School!

Great to see another issue out, where's a good place to buy it... or is direct from you guys better.

john eden

male pale and stale
That's actually part of droid's internal organs in the photo!

Derek - it will be around town next week (see list of usual stockists at http://www.woofahmag.com)

but I have a label with your name on it here anyway, so hold tight for a comp copy.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Great read! Especially the interviews with Tony Thorpe & Ron Vester, neither of whom I knew anything about before. You should start covering UK Funky too, I think it would fit in nicely, what with all the funky/bashment crossover stuff thats about.

john eden

male pale and stale
Great read! Especially the interviews with Tony Thorpe & Ron Vester, neither of whom I knew anything about before. You should start covering UK Funky too, I think it would fit in nicely, what with all the funky/bashment crossover stuff thats about.

Glad you like it!

Yes we're currently discussing our position (lol) on funky :cool:

martin

----
Got mine today (cheers) - Ron's pic of Ninja with the bunny is superb.

Normally took me an hour and a bit to read from cover to cover, though think this one's gonna take a while longer...(a complement)

D

droid

This issue is absolutely killer. Some amazing work from the writers, photographers and illustrators, and now we're pushing 100 pages its becoming a real artifact for the bookshelves.

Every issue has sold out and we get constant inquires about back issues - get this while you can!

IdleRich

IdleRich
I absolutely loved the Tony Thorpe interview as well - came across as a really lovely bloke and the whole thing had me with a happy smile on my face just reading it.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I absolutely loved the Tony Thorpe interview as well - came across as a really lovely bloke and the whole thing had me with a happy smile on my face just reading it.

Agreed. It's the sort of rambling long form discussion style interview that mainstream mags just can't do.

I was so glad it went on and on- didn't want it to finish!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Top magazine - thanks to John for the copies handed out on Tuesday! :D

Yes, brilliant Tony Thorpe interview - I loved the fact his enthusiasm seemed equal for the stuff he grew up with, and the dubstep scene right now. Which to me is kinda the principle that elevates Dissensus too - ongoing enthusiasm.

Edit: Also, and I'm not a particular fan, but Untold has a weirdly iconic face. Maybe it's just a good picture?

john eden

male pale and stale
Agreed. It's the sort of rambling long form discussion style interview that mainstream mags just can't do.

I was so glad it went on and on- didn't want it to finish!

There was actually loads more, but I had to take a scalpel to it... :D

Anyhoo it's now at Honest Jons, Dub Vendor, Sounds of the Universe and Sister Ray in London... as well as Boomkat, Piccadilly etc.