Leo

it's worth tracking down the entire version of this, by far the funniest director commentary i've ever heard, and really gets across what a complete fucking character Ferrara is...

holy shit, you haven't been here in forever (that I've noticed, anyway), Peter!

version

Abel Ferrara is set to begin production on his latest feature, “American Nails,” a modern gangster story inspired by ancient tragedy that stars Asia Argento and Willem Dafoe, Variety has learned.

According to the producers, “American Nails” charts “the rise and fall of this modern Phaedra, in a tale set in the gangster world of primal violence, power and revenge. This no-holds-barred retelling of Euripides’ masterpiece pits Argento against the male-dominated remnants of power and entitlement, in the shadow of the Roman Empire in contemporary Italy.”

version

He recently went to Ukraine to make what was inevitably going to be a piece of shit, a documentary on the war interspersed with Patti Smith reading poetry... Who was asking for that? Anyway, the fun part is he apparently had a meltdown at the premiere during a Q&A where he spent half the time on his phone and the other half insulting the people asking questions, including telling a Ukrainian man to shoot him after he criticised the film.

kid charlemagne

FERRARA: Who the fuck knows? I have no fucking clue. Fury Road is kind of the fucking vibe I want to get.

O’CONNOR: Sick.

FERRARA: Fury Road meets Ulysses meets straight up gangster Guinea fucking trashy shit down there.

O’CONNOR: And you’ve got Willem [Defoe] in it?

FERRARA: Yeah. I couldn’t believe he wanted to do it.

O’CONNOR: How many films have you made together? Six or seven?

FERRARA: I stopped counting.

version

ABEL FERRARA — They say Steve Jobs tried to stay humble. Did you hear what his last words were? “Oh, wow. Wow. Oh, wow.” Something like that.

:ROFLMAO:

linebaugh

Is he actually any good? I've seen (and enjoyed) Bad Lieutenant and King of New York, but nothing aside from that and everything else of his seems to be polarising at best. I was surprised to see him pop up with the recent stuff with Dafoe too; I've always thought of him as very raw and sleazy and suddenly he's got three in a row with arty posters and about Pasolini and struggling artists and dreams.

Abel-Ferrara-1995-02.jpg
Do you go back and read this post and get chills?