how not to catch a cold in London

wektor

As an immigrant, I've always wondered, what's the fucking secret to being able to wear shorts and flip flops in winter without catching a cold?
Does London make anyone else ill every four weeks or so or is it just me?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
what is your daily routine? it's best not to take public transport, always take your bike, also best to avoid offices those are the most dirty places. take vitamin d and eat raw carrots.

catalog

Also try to take up smoking, if you are not already a smoker. If you develop a healthy smoking habit, it should inoculate you very effectively against the common London cold.

wild greens

There are loads of shitty colds running round this autumn. the amount of people I've worked with recently with huge hacking coughs and bunged up noses going "it's not covid!" just beggars belief really

Parts of London are sicker than others i think, one christmas i was working in Eltham pretty much exclusively and I've never been more ill. I had conjunctivitis in both eyes at one point, looked like a leper

Do loads of sudafed, the pseudoephedrine will help im sure

version

There are loads of shitty colds running round this autumn. the amount of people I've worked with recently with huge hacking coughs and bunged up noses going "it's not covid!" just beggars belief really
A lot of people have been cooped up inside and pretty thoroughly insulated from illness for over a year. It's no surprise they're getting stomped by colds when their immune systems haven't had to deal with anything for a while.

Reactions: Leo

woops

is not like other people
A lot of people have been cooped up inside and pretty thoroughly insulated from illness for over a year. It's no surprise they're getting stomped by colds when their immune systems haven't had to deal with anything for a while.
this is another reason why it makes sense to drink pints and smoke fags.

wektor

I think that might be the case. September blew up ridiculously, I wonder how many deaths from the flu this season.
Take vitamin D and multivits and antivirals like honey?
really considering a purchase of a bloody UV lamp at the moment

So far I thought the brits are completely immune, but considering the amount of flu and cold related ads everywhere I'm starting to doubt so. Must be only a certain breed that doesn't catch shit.

wektor

what is your daily routine? it's best not to take public transport, always take your bike, also best to avoid offices those are the most dirty places. take vitamin d and eat raw carrots.
sadly nowadays I work at schools in west end mostly, public transport there is hell. Might need to head to New Covent Garden Market to cop a stolen roadbike once I get better.

Leo

I recently had an annual checkup (for the first time in about six years...), and blood work came back that for the first time I'm vitamin D deficient. Wouldn't surprise me if it was due to being indoors much more than usual over the past 18 months. Doctor recommended I take 2,000ml per day and see what the levels are in six months, maybe it'll help against colds and flu as well.

luka

spend as much time outside as you can but dress appropriately. dont go on public transport. dont work in an office or retail environment.
the government are giving old people here free vitamin d but you dont qualify for that yet.

catalog

Also when you go outside don't wear a hat or hood, even if it's raining. Unless it's really pelting down.

luka

walking around in the rain without a hat furiously smoking fags is contraindicated