WILLIAM KENT

luka

As the men descended on the bar and ordered pints, the young Portuguese in their midst was gently teased.

william_kent

As the men descended on the bar and ordered pints, the young Portuguese in their midst was gently teased.

i feel this is a question @IdleRich could answer

but...

I did once spend a night with a Portuguese beauty after a Fabio acid meltdown club night where she just sucked on a massive bong and I went home with a carrier bag full of skunk so...

luka

i recently had to spend a week in bed cos i got a big load of weed gummies

luka

weed is bad in many ways but the most pernicious thing it does is show you your actions and situation in various different lights. you cant act on this basis. to act you need to think reality is stable. im great. everyone loves me.

luka

if youre job involves sitting in public with a handwritten sign saying poet for hire then like, this rapidly becomes problematic

william_kent

i'm severely jet lagged at at the moment and have just hammered the half bottle of rum I sneaked though customs disguised as a bottle of coke in excess of my my four litre ( or is it it five? ) allowance and maybe I'm going to start on the first of the Meyers Jamaican rum that is part of my real "duty free:.... anyway, don't expect "sense"

luka

thats alright. ive been doing acid and cocktails all night. was at a rocksteady night. rocksteady, as barty said to me, is soul, by people who cant acutally sing. very astute.

william_kent

thats alright. ive been doing acid and cocktails all night. was at a rocksteady night. rocksteady, as barty said to me, is soul, by people who cant acutally sing. very astute.

@DannyL and myself have both mentioned at various point that, maybe, rocksteady is the greatest music EVER

At some point, I decided that the best music in all of creation was 60s reggae, especially rocksteady, still an opinion I'd roll with.

Keith & Tex - Tonight

when I've had a few rum & cokes I'm convinced that rocksteady is the only music worth listening to - just listen to the heavenly harmonies, the bittersweet melodies, the heartbreak, the tears...cathartic in extremis - music does not get much better than this

luka

Largs was (from the summer of 2017) the first place in the world to introduce a fully integrated system to activate pedestrian crossings using a series of Neateboxes.[6] This system allows visually or physically impaired persons to activate the crossing button with no actual requirement to find or push the button, and will be of great benefit to the disabled community.[6]

IdleRich

IdleRich
The bad guys in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had names that were just totally random until suddenly it clicked that Bebop and Rocksteady did mean something after all.