Piers Morgan

version

A key figure? Everyone seems to hate him, but he's ever-present. Last night he had Corbyn on so they could shout at each other about Hamas. That's been more or less the basis of every video on his channel since Oct. 7th. It's now a running joke in the comments that he'll repeatedly ask someone "Do you condemn Hamas?". It's almost become this bizarre performance art where people who despise him are tuning in to see him say the line. A parody Paxman.

Screenshot from 2023-11-14 13-55-12.png

sufi

lala
How would you say he is aligned on the conflict - he seems to be treading carefully but successfully avoiding getting drawn onto either "side"? and interviewing contentious voices that others aren't really engaging with?

that's my impression anyway, having not watched any of his shows

but if so that's unexpectedly quite a mature and impressive approach, in contrast to all of the rest of the msm

version

I think he prides himself on taking a sort of "common sense" approach where he sits in the middle, prioritising and valorising the spectacle of 'debate'.

maxi

He belligerently interrupts and shouts down most of his guests, but I've never seen him do it to the extent he did to Corbyn in the interview the other day. It was totally absurd, shouting a new question when Corbyn was only a couple of words into each answer. I wish Corbyn had managed to deal with it a bit better as well but it was a particularly tough task in that case.

but anyway, I see Morgan basically as an amoral cynical narcissist type. It's just about causing a bit of a stir, drawing attention and views, and growing his personal brand. I doubt he has any particularly strong positions or feelings about anything. Except for supporting positions that would broadly benefit him which means generally supporting power.

version

He belligerently interrupts and shouts down most of his guests, but I've never seen him do it to the extent he did to Corbyn in the interview the other day. It was totally absurd, shouting a new question when Corbyn was only a couple of words into each answer.

The infamous clip of him and Ash Sarkar was funny too.

Screenshot from 2023-11-14 18-08-03.png

version

There's a good bit at the end of the Corbyn one where Piers suddenly pivots to plugging Corbyn and McCluskey's poetry book and says something about how they can all agree on loving poetry then it cuts to a glowering Jeremy.

Screenshot from 2023-11-14 18-17-20.png