The TV President

droid

we've already had all kinds of nonsense in the Palestine thread from people reposting stuff they don't understand in Arabic or Hebrew.

I'm far less invested in Israel's success than anyone Jewish might be; what has annoyed me in this thread is the preponderance of poor quality reporting by proxy and the stockpiling of ammunition for a potential Jewish purge. Having said that, I think the quality has been better in the past few pages (apart from droid posting things in languages he doesn't understand)

You are so cosmically fucking dense. Like a singularity of stupidity.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 16.19.31.pngScreenshot 2024-03-05 at 16.20.02.png
Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 16.19.39.png

wild greens

It must be a difficult one. On one hand all the internet puppets are telling the cucks to like him and he does have one of those faux-mod haircuts that slightly tragic middle aged fellas do love

On the other hand he's trying to push through de-regulation of prescription costs pushing medicine costs massively upwards thus creating huge profits for pharmaceutical industry

I can only assume our incumbent anti-vax/anti-pharma friends are vocally opposing such a measure by a huge degree

mixed_biscuits

I didn't say it was, you fucking jebber. It was the first high-profile Hispanophone news source I could think of, and I thought one from outside Argentina might be able to give a more objective view on what's going on in Argentina, especially since Milei has already begun dismantling the country's free press.
That article isn't about dismantling the free press; that's about discouraging the use of novel gender markers.

If he's dismantling the government press, it's hardly authoritarian: the authoritarian move would be to use it to promote one's ideology whilst banning everything else.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Plus threatening to digitally identify protesters and jail them or simply shoot them dead.

Such a libertarian! More liberty than I can imagine!

mixed_biscuits

Firstly, every serious organisation has a style guide so thousands of things would be banned already. Secondly, degendering Spanish in that way is completely stupid*; well done Milei.

*Just to remind you, Hungarian has gender neutral pronouns and is yet very traditional, so it makes no difference.

mixed_biscuits

Such a libertarian! More liberty than I can imagine!
This is well within libertarian policy because the main thing he's trying to stop is the paralysis of society, the economy and individual freedoms through the traditional protests that snarl up the road network for weeks on end; in doing so they 'step on' the liberties of others. Don't step on me!

mixed_biscuits

Furthermore, if the government were to adopt a degendered Spanish that should mean they would rewrite and reprint every single one of their documents which I would expect to be ruled out by Milei's cost-cutting imperatives.

There's nothing stopping Hispanophones from renovating the documents anyway, off their own backs...care to volunteer @Mr. Tea? Thought not.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is well within libertarian policy because the main thing he's trying to stop is the paralysis of society, the economy and individual freedoms through the traditional protests that snarl up the road network for weeks on end; in doing so they 'step on' the liberties of others. Don't step on me!
He's a fascist cunt presiding over the butchering of the state and transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the wealthy by the most efficient means possible.

Like I said already, I'd have a modicum respect - not much, but a modicum - if you could just say "Yeah, and I'm cool with that, tbh", rather than this pathetic floundering to try and justify his obvious authoritarianism as "libertarianism."

mixed_biscuits

Like I said already, I'd have a modicum respect - not much, but a modicum - if you could just say "Yeah, and I'm cool with that, tbh", rather than this pathetic floundering to try and justify his obvious authoritarianism as "libertarianism."
How is dismantling the state authoritarian? How's he going to wield his authority on other people...call rent-a-thug?

You're so caught up in your culture wars (an American phenomenon that is a colonising force in the rest of the world) that instead of being pleased that a fellow scientist is finally in charge you call him a fascist because he won't permit month-long blockades of major motorways and wholesale mutilation of the language of Gabriel Garcia Marquez to sate yankee neckbeards on Twitter. For shame, Mr Tea. Afuera!

mixed_biscuits

Of course, just the thought of law and order is enough for #defundthepolice naifs like @Mr. Tea to scream 'fashist', but bear in mind that's what he screams at the Polish corner shop owner when he asks Tea for a fiver to pay for his Woodbines.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
How is dismantling the state authoritarian? How's he going to wield his authority on other people...call rent-a-thug?

You're so caught up in your culture wars (an American phenomenon that is a colonising force in the rest of the world) that instead of being pleased that a fellow scientist is finally in charge you call him a fascist because he won't permit month-long blockades of major motorways and wholesale mutilation of the language of Gabriel Garcia Marquez to sate yankee neckbeards on Twitter. For shame, Mr Tea. Afuera!

if there’s a trans thread, guess where you are

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

He's dismantling the bits of the state that actually help ordinary people, you bonehead. Of course the jackbooted thugs will remain, and will no doubt be given more funding and greater power. That's how it always works.

mixed_biscuits

He's dismantling the bits of the state that actually help ordinary people, you bonehead. Of course the jackbooted thugs will remain, and will no doubt be given more funding and greater power. That's how it always works.
How does overhauling the grammar of their language help ordinary people? Ordinary people aren't great at grammar to start off with. How does letting hotheads paralyse the economy help ordinary people?