altriciality

sus

I have heard novelists never write anything good til theyre 35 so I'm actually very relaxed about it. This is my sandbox era still

sus

Not sure I'll be able to pivot if I cant pull it off. Maybe Im more flexible than I give myself credit for maybe me an the señorita will have a perfect mexican sunset and memory will be for suckers, as we sip on our margs.

version

The other day I read an old Paul Auster profile in the NYT and it mentioned he didn't take off as a writer until his life fell apart at 32.

(August 30, 1992)

"Nineteen seventy-nine. That's when everything changed in my life... That was a crazy year." He was 32 years old, married to Lydia Davis, a writer and translator, with a 2-year-old son, Daniel. "I had run into a wall with my work. I was blocked and miserable, my marriage was falling apart, I had no money. I was finished." And then, in the space of two months, his father died, his marriage collapsed and he found himself alone -- and writing.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

version

I have heard novelists never write anything good til theyre 35 so I'm actually very relaxed about it. This is my sandbox era still

DeLillo made his debut around 35, and didn't break through until he was almost 50 and on his eighth novel.

Reactions: sus