hawkwind documentary last night

STN

sou'wester
Yeah, I did. It was pretty good. I had no idea they all felt so hostile to one another. I was also unaware of the exact circumstances of Calvert quitting the band. It was a worthwhile programme, though if you're a big fan I doubt you'd learn much.

I was hoping to see/hear Lydon's rendition of Urban Guerrilla, but no dice.

There was lots of gratuitous footage of that topless dancer and as Lemmy's wart (not at the same time). One of these was rather more welcome than the other.

I didn't tape it, sorry.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
nah not a huge fan, i have affection for them as in the late 80's/90's apart from reggae bands from birmingham and weirdly a twice a year showing from all about eve at a local pub which was mean't to be a treat, they were one of the few bands that made it down to cornwall, playing at everything from festivals to rugby clubs, and also they were default choice music for young acid dabblers and inspired some ok and terrible bands down there.

mms

sometimes
that was funny, jesus they took a shedload of drugs, what the fuck was jeremy kyle doing on there as a talking head, he could probably have them on his show yapping at them!