Babylon OSt question

IdleRich

IdleRich
At the end of the film there is a scene where Shaka (I believe) is applying all these mad siren sounds to a track at a dance. Is this version of the track with all the crazy fx available anywhere on vinyl?
Also, what's the old ska-type tune they play at the wedding early on?
Cheers
Rich

matt b

Indexing all opinion
At the end of the film there is a scene where Shaka (I believe) is applying all these mad siren sounds to a track at a dance. Is this version of the track with all the crazy fx available anywhere on vinyl?

not afaik, unless it's actually on the OST lp. There might also be two different versions of the OST.

Eden to thread!

what's the old ska-type tune they play at the wedding early on?
Cheers

http://www.bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic.php?t=32953

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, I just thought that that was one of the tracks that wasn't. But seeing as I know dick about reggae/ska/etc it's not surprising that I'm wrong I guess.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I'd never have guessed it either - I'm no expert either, but that track has an incredible authentic 60s sound.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Yeah, I just thought that that was one of the tracks that wasn't. But seeing as I know dick about reggae/ska/etc it's not surprising that I'm wrong I guess.

i don't even own the lp, so have no idea why i'm on this thread :)

john eden

male pale and stale
So the only way to hear it with the sirens is to watch the film?

Yeah, which part of me thinks is a shame and part thinks makes it special.

Soundsystem business - you have to be there. It's like Shaka not releasing the best cuts of a tune, keeping them for playing out...

matt b

Indexing all opinion
play these two together?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Yeah, which part of me thinks is a shame and part thinks makes it special."
True true.
So, next question then - are there any tracks that are available that have that similar fucked up siren sound? What's good in that vein?

STN

sou'wester
I though that it was Thank You for the Many Things You've Done by Cassandra that they play at the wedding? Sort of an 80s lovers thing...

Alpha and Omega use a siren on quite a few of their records, I think.

I have the soundtrack on CD Rich, if you want to borrow it.

Client Eastwood

I though that it was Thank You for the Many Things You've Done by Cassandra that they play at the wedding? Sort of an 80s lovers thing...

Alpha and Omega use a siren on quite a few of their records, I think.

I have the soundtrack on CD Rich, if you want to borrow it.

Watch&Pray and Overstanding by Alpha and Omega has some nice effects on it.

Or download G Angels Twilight Circus mix for more sirens, horns and effects action.

IdleRich

IdleRich
There is a lovers tune as well but it's the other one I'm interested in.

"Alpha and Omega use a siren on quite a few of their records, I think."
Cool.

"I have the soundtrack on CD Rich, if you want to borrow it."
Wouldn't mind giving it a listen actually cheers...

FairiesWearBoots

@ John Eden,

Can you point me in the direction of any good Shaka sets? Do they exist?
I cant really find much online?

Any help would be much appreciated, Cheers;)