Hip Hop '11

outraygeous

I follow him on twitter, sometimes I just want to say 'GODDAM IT, LET IT GO!'

but I dont and the world continues as normal

I know it's an old tape and doesn't really fit into music from 2011 but Lil Boosie- Thug Passion is absolutely brilliant. Have listened to it about five times since Friday.

Don't really know what new tapes are good, someone tell me. I don't really want to know about albums.

gumdrops

i actually like this saigon album. some of it could be trimmed/thinned out but i really like him. and just blaze is good too. nothing spectacular, but really, really solid. just great big smashing drums all the way through.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

LOL at this hook, must have taken ages to think that up eh? Bit of a banger, though. Latest tune to leak/be released off Gucci's forthcoming album features Master P: http://feedoffrap.com/blog/2011/03/gucci-mane-ft-master-p-brinks/ and is alright, P is better than Gucci on it in my opinion.

Wiz has gone all-out pop now, here's the latest leak from 'Rolling Papers' http://feedoffrap.com/blog/2011/03/wiz-khalifa-the-race/ Quite bland, really, almost sounds like he's star-struck by himself and his new found mega-fame with this wide-eyed but middle-of-the-road production. He never really had much to talk about on stuff I'd heard previously but now the theme is basically his own success. Other rappers talk about this too but not all of them have the skills/production to overcome the limitations of that concern. There's something quite shallow and insubstantial about Wiz's music and his new superstar persona, I can't quite believe his success will last much longer. Cassie is in that video, though, having a 'who can walk around with the stupidest haircut' contest with Wiz.

BareBones

wheezy
haha i love that blog, wiz khalifa is straight baby thighs, son!

those two lil boosie tapes mentioned by corpsey and slackk are well good, thanks for the recommendations

Benny Bunter

luka

im a fan, i can listen to identical sounding beats all day. wiley done a lot of tunes that sound the same. if i like it i just want more.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
True, I just find that stripped down identikit trap sound quite punishing as an aesthetic, it feels quite gruellng to me to listen to a 20 track mixtape of that kind of rap. Unless the rapper really catches my ear (Wooh Da Kid/Wacka) I suppose.

Also, I think a lot of that stuff is intended to be listened to at high volume, preferably in a residential area, while you drive around in a big truck. I'm listening to a lot of it quite quietly on my headphones while I sit in my living room in my pants eating cold beans.

gumdrops

has dissensus talked about odd future at all? im late with these guys but they seem like really good rappers. plus i like the shock rap shtick (i liked d12 a lot more than i prob should have). still dont know what the essential mixtapes to get are though. ive just listened through youtube.

crackerjack

has dissensus talked about odd future at all? im late with these guys but they seem like really good rappers. plus i like the shock rap shtick (i liked d12 a lot more than i prob should have). still dont know what the essential mixtapes to get are though. ive just listened through youtube.

yes, lots, in the 2010 thread

outraygeous

Odd Future

Tyler the Creator - Bastard
Earl Sweatshirt - Earl
Domo Gensis - Rolling Papers
ODD FUTURE - Radical mixtape
Hodgy Beats and Left Brain - Mellowhype
Mike G - Ali (i think)

Id say get the radical tape and then pick out the rappers you like, there is another guy who does raps but can remember his name. Also Frank Ocean seems to be getting a buzz

http://pitchfork.com/features/articles/7940-odd-future-mixtapes/

Last edited:

luka

i cant listen to odd future to b honeest. love that thing corpse just posted tho. really really love it. corpsey do you hav get rich or die trying or not? you should have it if you dont.