PDA

View Full Version : Favourite cheesy dance 'choon'-anthem

Buick6
03-08-2005, 03:31 AM
The sorta stuff Becks would boogie to, or the slags Shane Warne bonks, here are some of mine (guilty pleasure, but actually killer traxx IMHO):

1. Touch Me - Ruis Da Silva : Sublime, trunce with that crazy Spandau Ballet 'chant #1' guitar riff sample.

2. Another Chance - Roger Shachez : simplistic 'doof' with melodic gay vocal, great post sensualist Eno-MBV drones and fantastic 'kick in'. I reckon Sanchez is a modern-pop genius like Brian Wilson.

3. Another Point of view (can't remember that artist) - Italo house par excellence.

4. Trippin' (UK mainstream dance, forgot the artist) - I saw this on a TOTP repeat they had here is Australia a few years back. The Pom's were always good at chrning out these commercial 'one hit wonder' dance trax.

Anyway I d/l'd these off the net and they sound as 'deep' and 'out there' as any IDB and grime and other bullhsit trendy intellectual dance music that wrecked it for everyone coz like George Michael said - actually another great cheese track ' Flawless' - 'Guilty feet ain't got no rhythm'!

dominic
03-08-2005, 04:04 AM
i don't think any of the following are cheesy, but i've been told they are . . . .

(1) alison limerick, "where love lives" (paul oakenfold remix)

(2) associates, "country club"

(3) black box, "everybody everybody"

(4) ester b, "pleasure of music"

(5) cola boy, "seven ways to love"

(6) vivien vee, "pick up"

and soft hop by likes of pm dawn, definition of sound, jungle bros, de la soul, monie love, thirst, etc

(apologies if all of this stuff is from past, not current)

Melchior
03-08-2005, 04:25 AM
anything by c&c music factory.

peter lloyd
03-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Nearly all the Danni Minogue singles,she has been a guilty pleasure for years,and some Sanchez mixes aswell.

D84
03-08-2005, 06:55 AM
Ah yes... you can't make a pizza without some cheese (or a cliche : )

Mine are mostly old but anyway these spring to mind:

Technotronic "Pump Up the Jam" - close to being an Inner City rip off which might be too "tasteful" to mention in this thread but I still love it.

Haddaway "What Is Love?" - as made famous by A Night At the Roxbury & a million deodorant ads.

Da Hool "Meet Her At the Love Parade" - is that the one with the bouncy synth line?

that Jason Nevin remix of Run DMC's "It's Like That"

that recent remix of INXS' "Just Keep Walking"

I have fond memories of dancing to that first Jestofunk single and The Bomb by the Bucketheads but they probably don't count..

minikomi
03-08-2005, 06:57 AM
im blue... a bo dee dee bo dah,,,

proto crazy frog shit innit

http://www.mattscdsingles.com/acatalog/eiffel65%20blue%20promo.jpg

Diaz
03-08-2005, 10:19 AM
dee lite's groove is in the heart

lady miss kier made me wanna wear dresses.

ambrose
03-08-2005, 10:43 AM
wtf deeE-lite aint cheesey!

my pick is iio - rapture. grinding, ecstatic pounding

AshRa
03-08-2005, 12:03 PM
"Pretty Green Eyes" and "I'm A Different Person" (with surely the PERFECT video for this sorta music)

jack
03-08-2005, 12:20 PM
'Pretty green eyes' seconded.

Tori Amos- Professional Widow (armand van helden mix)

mms
03-08-2005, 12:26 PM
sweet like chocolate is heaven

barbie girl by aqua

droid
03-08-2005, 12:40 PM
No no

no no - no no

no no - no no

no no - Theres no limits!

jed_
03-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Felix - Don't you want me
JX - Son of a Gun

and , erm....

The Tamperer Feat. Maya - "Feel it " because it's just insane! "WHAT'S she gonna look like with a chimney on her!?"

Rambler
03-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Black Box - Ride on Time.

Buick6
03-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey Music Lover - S'Express

total Confusion - Hippie Homeboy and Funky Dread

Pump up the jam

and yeah C&C Music factory did some cool shit..

'Dont Argue' - Cabaret Voltaire - still the benchmark for any funky as fuck IDM or whatever, but still a cheesy track compared to drill n bass or gronk or whatever...Oh and that camera on the chicks ass in that clip!

More contemp cheese..

Armand Van Helden - Beautiful Widow, man what a fucken drug-fucked rush of a track,

some of the Kylie Traxx work really well, Goldfrapp's 'Strict Machine' with all that fucken Norman Rosenbaum 'spirit in the sky' toss, but the best of all

MADONNA - RAY OF LIGHT!! Fucken luvit! Still do to this day, and not ashamed to say so! And when fucken Aphex Twin or whatever do a track as blissfully upbeat and pure as that, well fuck me.

Chef Napalm
03-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Basment Jaxx - Romeo The Jaxx at their finest. Can't get enough of that stomping backbeat.

Elvis vs. JXL - A Little Less Conversation Vegas!

Binary Finary - 1999 Trancey, synthy goodness.

The Crystal Method - Comin' Back Talentless hacks? Maybe, but that atonal, haunting vocal by Trixie Reiss over those pulsing 303s gets me every time.

Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death Strings and things zing.

Orbital - Halcyon + On + On Sublime.

The Prodigy - One Love Mostly for its association with the more kinetic moments in Hackers (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113243/).

Underworld - Dark Train Another movie tie-in, this time the withdrawal scene in Trainspotting (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117951/).

DigitalDjigit
03-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Most of the ones you name Chief Napalm are not cheesy. "One Love" and "Dark Train" are pretty underground actually.

I am not sure how popular this was but it sounds very eurodance except it is really great: Love 4 Sale - Do You Feel So Right

Capella - "U Got 2 Let the Music" and "U Got To Know"

Chef Napalm
03-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Most of the ones you name Chief Napalm are not cheesy. "One Love" and "Dark Train" are pretty underground actually.

Underground in North America, yes, but I have a feeling the Brits might think differently. :)

hint
03-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Alison Limerick - Where Love Lives
Robin S - Show Me Love

Diggedy Derek
03-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Felix- Don't You Want My Love
BBE- Seven Days In One Week

Both really, really brilliant.

dominic
03-08-2005, 05:38 PM
dee lite's groove is in the heart

lady miss kier made me wanna wear dresses.

anything by deee-lite

luv em to death

dominic
03-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Felix - Don't you want me

i'll second that!

and let me add "something good is gonna happen" by utah saints

and messiah, "temple of dreams"

(but again, i suppose a lot this stuff, formerly deemed cheesy, has long since been rehabilitated)

dominic
03-08-2005, 05:46 PM
total Confusion - Hippie Homeboy and Funky Dread

this was considered cheesy in the uk???

'Dont Argue' - Cabaret Voltaire - still the benchmark for any funky as fuck IDM or whatever

this is probably my favorite cabaret voltaire record!!!

kingofcars
03-08-2005, 06:11 PM
i'm stuck in 00-01...

vengaboys - boom boom boom
zombie nation - kernkraft 400
ian van dahl - castles in the sky
darude - sandstorm

a good era for bad dance music...

mpc
03-08-2005, 06:23 PM
^big tunes....

for me:

groove is in the heaaaaarrrrrrt

&

De'lacy "Hideaway"

Canada J Soup
03-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I'll have to second Utah Saints "Something Good" (which I've actually been playing quite a bit recently) and Da Hool "Meet Her At The Love Parade"...former guilty pleasures that have had much of the guilt stripped away by nostalgia.

Dunno if I'd consider "Dark Train" or "Halcyon" to be particularly cheesy...just good tunes that got played out / overexposed. Same applies for "Higher State of Consciousness" and "Access"...first time I heard them my jaw dropped, the fiftieth time I wondered when the DJ was going to buy some new records.

There is definitely a disconnect between the US and UK where a lot of tracks that charted over there but stayed deep underground here are concerned. Trying to reevaluate stuff that was always considered cheesy back home from the perspective of people who only ever heard these tracks in places like NASA requires background info. For example, it became a little easier for me to be kind(er) about Toytown Techno when one of my NYC mates pointed out that - as far he was concerned at the time - 'Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb' were all new types of drugs. No excuses for "Sesame's Treat" or "We Are Raving" though.

Anyway...nominations for...

Nightcrawlers - "Push The Feeling On" (I believe the Mark Kinchen mixes were the ones that got the most play)

Reel 2 Real - "I Like To Move It"

Nomad - "Devotion" (anyone know if a dub of this existed? I think I'd still really like it but can't face having to listen MC Mikee Freedom)

There's also a load of chart topping handbag tunes from 96 / 97 / 98 that I have a sneaking suspicion I'd like to hear again but may not have enough distance yet...

Lisa Marie Experience - "Jumpin"

Stretch 'n' Vern - "I'm Alive"

That Farley & Heller one wot had a guy with an elephant head in the video.

DigitalDjigit
03-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Nightcrawlers - "Push The Feeling On"

This is killer. That and the Robyn S track are what they call Organ House I think. I don't know any others that have that kind of bassline. Wouldn't call them cheesy either.

One track I forgot: Sabrina - Boys. I loved that when I was a kid and recently rediscovered it. Even the rapping is not embarassing. Summer time love.

hamarplazt
03-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Pretty much the entire Edelweiss album.

simon silverdollar
03-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Call On Me!

jimbackhouse
03-08-2005, 10:37 PM
vengaboys 'boom boom boom'

zombie nation 'kernkraft 400'

both seconded!

still love benni benassi 'satisfaction'

also have a soft spot for early-mid 90s europop cheesiness: culture beat 'mr vain', haddaway, the maxx, etc...

i'm sure 2 unlimited have long since been recuperated into the irono-hipster canon, but 'no limits' is still a big, big tune.

Melchior
04-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Call On Me!

Nice!!!

michael
04-08-2005, 08:20 AM
I have no idea how to gauge something's cheese rating, but I'm always happy to hear Wamdue Project's 'King of My Castle'. If not cheddar, I think it was at least completely thrashed to death.

Brokeman
04-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Absolutely anything by Black Box, though "I don't want anybody else" is probably my favourite. Also:

Hithouse "Jack to the sound of the underground" (chooon!)

Beatmasters "Burn it up" (Acid mix)

Nu Shooz "I can't wait"

Reel 2 Real "I like to move it"

and more embarrassing because it doesn't even have nostalgia to justify it:

Groove Armada "Superstylin'"

Oh, does this count? St. Etienne "Only love can break your heart"

qwerty south
04-08-2005, 09:40 AM
livin joy - dreamer

bassnation
04-08-2005, 10:23 AM
livin joy - dreamer

love that tune. lets add some more handbag greats:

helicopter - on ya way (early jaxx handbag classic)
la luna - to the beat of the drum
size 9 - i am ready (longest snare roll in house history)
dj misjah - access
jon pleased wimmin - passion
armand van helden - you don't even know me

dHarry
04-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Betty Boo
Betty Boo just doin' the do
And you are through
And there's nothing you can do

Omaar
04-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I have no idea how to gauge something's cheese rating, but I'm always happy to hear Wamdue Project's 'King of My Castle'. If not cheddar, I think it was at least completely thrashed to death.

Yeah that's great, i wouldn't have called it cheese, but then my standards may be low. Anyway, I'm sure you could do better (or worse ;) ). The best I've heard lately would be Mylo - In my arms, SL2 - On a ragga tip and D-Mob and Cathy Dennis - C'mon and get my love.

blunt
04-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Robin S - Show Me Love (I know it's been mentioned by others already, but it managed to redeem many an evening otherwise wasted at the Blue Orchid in Croydon :o )

Daft Punk - One More Time feat Romanthony

Armand van Helden - Flowerz (I notice he's been referenced a lot, as well. Armand van Helden: the acceptable face of cheese?)

Delacey - Hideaway (Deep Dish remix) - is that cheesy? It charted, so I guess it must be. But it still gets me every time...

dHarry
04-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Any guilty love for Scooter? No, me neither, but I expected them to be mentioned by now.

Loki
04-08-2005, 01:18 PM
SHAFT - Roobarb and Custard.

If only for one of the best/worst TOTPs performances.

What about Altern8?

Steve Silk Hurley - Jack Your Body
Raze - Jack the Groove
etc.
i.e. Anything with Jack in the title except The Reynolds Girls (later changed their name to Reynols) "I'd Rather Jack"

michael
04-08-2005, 01:28 PM
There's a New Zealand composer called Jack Body - seems almost criminal that he didn't do house music rather than making electro-acoustic stuff out of recordings of Balinese street scenes. :p

Anyway, touche Omaar... how about Snap's 'Rhythm is a Dancer'? Dannii's 'I Begin To Wonder'? Had a great time dancing to that in a shit bar in Sydney for Mardi Gras a few years back.

Cat(c)hy Dennis is pretty great, no doubt...

DigitalDjigit
04-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Daft Punk - One More Time feat Romanthony

Armand van Helden - Flowerz (I notice he's been referenced a lot, as well. Armand van Helden: the acceptable face of cheese?)

Nothing wrong with Armand Van Helden at all. I wouldn't class him as cheese. Just good house music.

Cheese is anything you would be embarassed to be caught listening to (with some qualifications which I am not going to get into).

kingofcars
04-08-2005, 05:55 PM
also, those happy hardcore tunes by bang! do it for me...
esp. shooting star, give me a reason, and break of dawn...

Canada J Soup
04-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Cheese is anything you would be embarassed to be caught listening to
That works pretty well as a definition for me (except that it means I'd have to withdraw some of my choices).

I've always considered one of the hallmarks of truly cheesy dance music to be for the track to seem like it was created specifically and almost solely to be played to drunken audiences at meat market nite clubs for about a year after release and at wedding receptions for a further ten or so years after that. Music to be danced to by crowds who are collectively not all that invested in what they dance to but like to recognize it as something they saw on MTV earlier. A simple 4:4 beat, drunken singalongable vocal hooks and a video with loads of scantily clad women in it are other key factors. (The more scantily clad women, the bigger the hit I reckon: see "Macarena", "Mambo No. 5" and "Call on Me".)

artdamages
04-08-2005, 11:24 PM
eiffel 65 - blue

Woebot
05-08-2005, 09:03 AM
final cut: take me away
mk: feel the fire

both cheat submissions because they're both "hip" detroit productions. however they both have that massive dancefloor appeal and "feel the fire" should have been a huge hit!

Chef Napalm
05-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Another one I thought of last night (ironically) : Conona - Rhythm of the Night

martin
05-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Livin Joy - Dreamer
D-Mob - Acieed (will always remind me of ten 13-yr olds on the bus to school, in furry anoraks with the hoods up, terrorising old ladies by screaming the chorus non-stop)
The Ones - Flawless
Inner City - Good Life
S Express - Theme...(only one of the best records ever made)
Shy FX / UK Apache - Original Nuttah
Adamski - Killer
whoever did "True Love Never Dies" in early 2002, but that's mostly cos it reminds me of someone

Canada J Soup
05-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Just thought of another classic slice of cheese after having the tune in my head all morning and trying to remember what it was ...

Atlantic Ocean - "Waterfall"

Diggedy Derek
05-08-2005, 04:41 PM
For me Dreamer by Livin' Joy is on the absolute dividing line between good-cheesy and bad-cheesy. It's a one-dimensionally anthemic quality that suggests it had one eye firmly on the chart, and there's no interesting textures there or anything, but the singing is a sassy smash and grab on classic garage vocals, and it just has so much balls that you can't help but love it.

Pearsall
05-08-2005, 07:00 PM
also, those happy hardcore tunes by bang! do it for me...
esp. shooting star, give me a reason, and break of dawn...

yes!

captain easychord
05-08-2005, 07:45 PM
any clownsteppy d n' b.

dominic
05-08-2005, 08:14 PM
The Funky Worm - "Hustle to the Music" -- zany psychedelic brilliance -- but i'm sure some would say cheesy

There is definitely a disconnect between the US and UK where a lot of tracks that charted over there but stayed deep underground here are concerned.

very true

Nomad - "Devotion" (anyone know if a dub of this existed? I think I'd still really like it but can't face having to listen MC Mikee Freedom)

yeah, there's an instrumental on the flip -- w/ the "i wanna give you devotion" sample repeated just as frequently as on the A -- but if you play the instrumental, people are gonna think you lack nerve!

also on the flip is "sangfroid" -- a chilled version

Melchior
06-08-2005, 04:59 AM
Livin Joy - Dreamer
D-Mob - Acieed (will always remind me of ten 13-yr olds on the bus to school, in furry anoraks with the hoods up, terrorising old ladies by screaming the chorus non-stop)
The Ones - Flawless
Inner City - Good Life
S Express - Theme...(only one of the best records ever made)
Shy FX / UK Apache - Original Nuttah
Adamski - Killer
whoever did "True Love Never Dies" in early 2002, but that's mostly cos it reminds me of someone

Most of these aren't cheesy in the slightest. I'm certainly not embarrased to admit that I like good life.

Logan Sama
06-08-2005, 05:08 AM
Toca's Dream - I Need A Miracle :o

and I always liked 3 Drives (not in the mtv cribs literal sense)

run_time
06-08-2005, 07:58 AM
not strictly cheese, Plastic Dreams by Jaydee, enough emotional baggage tied up with that to bring a smile to my face everytime

Omaar
06-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Nu Shooz "I can't wait"

yeah, I like that one 2.

jack
06-08-2005, 10:44 AM
listening to JX 'son of a gun' now. YEEAAAAAAHHHH! it's awesome.

micmack
07-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Haddaway - What is love

Corpsey
09-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Nice thread :D

Robin S - Show Me Love < I dunno if this is considered 'cheesy' at all but it might get dropped at a horrific cheese club as a moment of grace. One of my favourite dance vocals.

If that's not enough East 17- House of Love sha-huh-ya-muh

I always find it quite amusing to think that we used to dance at school discos to tunes that were at least stylistically connected with drug-fuelled dance events (or directly - Let Me Be Your Fantasy). I wonder what dance music little kids particularly go for - big hooks, a decent tune...?

crackerjack
09-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Great revival Corpsey. This looks like my kinda thread, I'll peruse it properly soon.

Meantime, some Hardcore Uproar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6QC4A1Htcs)

don_quixote
09-05-2009, 07:27 PM
toca's dream - i need a miracle :o

toca me

Slothrop
09-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Toca's Dream - I Need A Miracle :o
This! What a tune!

Mr. Tea
09-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Is Dead Or Alive's You Spin Me Right Round cheesy-but-excellent? Or is it simply, unadulteratedly excellent?

bassbeyondreason
09-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Tomkraft - Loneliness

Tentative Andy
09-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Praga Khan - Injected With A Poison, love the piano hooks.
Would Armand van Helden - You Don't Know Me be considered cheesy enough? Top tune anyway, imo.
Scanning the previous choices, Don't You Want Me, The Dreamer and Pump Up The Jam would def all be favourites for me. Can probably think of others given a bit of time.

Corpsey
09-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Is 'Music Sounds Better With You' cheese?

I secretly weep under the duvet to this, from the underducts.

crackerjack
09-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Is Dead Or Alive's You Spin Me Right Round cheesy-but-excellent? Or is it simply, unadulteratedly excellent?

the 1st one

there's no such thing as a cheesefree hi-nrg tune

Mr. Tea
09-05-2009, 10:35 PM
the 1st one

there's no such thing as a cheesefree hi-nrg tune

Oh, is that what 'hi-nrg' is? I just had it marked down as a highly danceable, gayer-than-gay synthpop tune. Maybe that's the same thing, though.

massrock
09-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Phylyps Trak

owengriffiths
10-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm glad someone's made a thread like this. I was thinking the other day to do something similar. This is my top 5 of cheesey chart trance. I know very little about trance, and like even less. There seems to be one end of it which is unadulterated commercial 'euphoria', and the other more underground minimal side of things. And I would definitely choose the former. If a genre is to be so limited then you might as well make the most of those few elements. To my inexperienced ears trance is all about the kind of synths that if you held a key down on the keyboard the sound would go on forever, as opposed to a sound that is a pulse. The 'euphoric' (or emotional, as I like to call it) sound that trance tries to create is on paper a brilliant idea, but other genres are much better at the execution. That's probably because other styles have more freedom to play around with ideas. But when trance gets it right and marries it to cheesey vocals they are on to a winner.

Lost witness- Red Sun Rising
truly excellent song, could easily be reimagined as a folk song or somesuch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJGrcHwh4Ns

Freefall- Skydive
melody kicks in after a minute, good vocals come later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsP-98ZGjb4

Jam & Spoon- Right in the Night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yq84VI0SqY

A:Xus- When I fall in love (Stryke's blue vocal techsture mix)
Perhaps a little techy for trance, this is a reasonably cheese free interpretation of what makes good trance. As sampled by El-B & J Da Flex. Edit/ find on page/ 'stryke' to have a listen to this
http://mp3zr.com/?q=A%3Axus

Jersey Street- Cried me a river (boxsaga remix)
Its a house tune, but it's got this lovely laid back synth sound. Unfortunately this clip doesnt do it justice. It's the first tune played.
http://www.dancerecords.com/audio/114374.ram

Benny B
10-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Nice thread :D

Robin S - Show Me Love < I dunno if this is considered 'cheesy' at all but it might get dropped at a horrific cheese club as a moment of grace. One of my favourite dance vocals.
?

Anyone know what version of this tune Oneman plays near the beginning of that Night Slugs set from a while back? At least, I think its a remix of that song. Sounds amazing anyway...

raffia
10-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Is 'Music Sounds Better With You' cheese?

I secretly weep under the duvet to this, from the underducts.

nah its pop genius mate, weep away. don't be embarrased about robin S either.

crackerjack
10-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Tricky Disco - Tricky Disco

Liberation III

Nomad - Devotion

Gino Latino - Welcome (is that right? - the one that goes 'house music all night long')

Every hip house record ever made, esp if they go "Tyree Cooper, the producer, awesome super..."

massrock
10-05-2009, 01:23 PM
I know it's not cheesy, although I'm not quite sure what that means, but I'll take the opportunity to post this righteous piece of monomaniacal minimal massiveness.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kGp99BHcNP8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kGp99BHcNP8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crackerjack
10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I know it's not cheesy, although I'm not quite sure what that means, but I'll take the opportunity to post this righteous piece of monomaniacal minimal massiveness.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kGp99BHcNP8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kGp99BHcNP8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crackerjack likes this

Tentative Andy
10-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Oh hell, I'd forgotten all about that tune, it's a bit of a corker.

padraig (u.s.)
10-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Praga Khan - Injected With A Poison, love the piano hooks.

x100 yes, my favorite commercial rave anthem by far. also Noise Factory ripped the piano lines for a scorcher of their own (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZadfRt0iYk) - actually they did a # of terrific, fairly cheesy rave/ardkore tunes, which I find mildly amusing given Terry Tee's later incarnation as roots & culture bloodclart natty dread hardline junglist.

also:

Rozalla - Everybody's Free
Rachel Wallace - Tell Me Why, Feel This Way (you always knew Subbase was well dodgy)
any of Altern 8's big, stupid anthems
someone already said Messiah - Temple of Dreams, second that but Thunderdome is even better
N-Joi - Anthem - luvvit even tho it's not really Saffron singing, I like to pretend

great thread

massrock
10-05-2009, 04:24 PM
This probably doesn't fit the brief either but fuckit.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eS3WSJ1d1gM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eS3WSJ1d1gM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tentative Andy
10-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Is it appropriate to mention the Oakenfold remix of Happy Mondays - Hallelujah in this thread? I always loved it anyway.
Perhaps not so much a 'cheesy choon' track (although imo those diva hooks are cheesy as hell!), as a 'crossover' type tune, that kind that was maybe popular with people who didn't like/know about dance music much usually (although obv I wasn't there at the time so could be talking shite).

owengriffiths
10-05-2009, 04:57 PM
'I need your loving' is fucking great. Not many points for originality, all it does is add junglist drums to the original. But still brilliant. Also in that vein is this:

M Beat- sweet Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHfsz9YTTPo&feature=related

And one I should have had in the top 5 cheesey trance

Alice deejay- Better off alone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFWFIE__Tio

Someone mentioned rozalla
Alice Deejay vs Rozalla
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q2qdOYyIWU

massrock
10-05-2009, 05:11 PM
'I need your loving' is fucking great. Not many points for originality, all it does is add junglist drums to the original.
Aw, and the rap and the little timestretched vocal bits and the key changes!

owengriffiths
10-05-2009, 05:36 PM
looks like I forgot them. The vocal is similar to the original singer though

DannyL
10-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I can't be bothered to read the whole thread to see if anyone has put this but Bizarre Inc "Playing With Knives" Real old school Italo-piano hands in the air action.

DannyL
10-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Can't believe no one's mentioned Charlie by The Prodigy either.

alex
11-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Can't believe no one's mentioned Charlie by The Prodigy either.

tuna

routes
11-05-2009, 09:27 AM
show me love by robin s! yussss \o/
also, the follow up, luv 4 luv. basically the same song tho..

Bang Diddley
13-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Most of these are good choons that happen to have charted and made it into public minds. Gonna have to throw in

Inner City - Good Life
Delacy - Hideaway

Sick Boy
13-05-2009, 01:07 PM
reflekt ft. deline bass - need to feel loved