Terror Danjah

FairiesWearBoots

yh I saw him at a Night Slugs night (I think?) coupel of years ago and he was good, made me dance:eek:

I can see the point about his tunes though - some of them arent very 'tracky' but there is a funk there for sure

alex

Do not read this.
I love the way that when DJ's used to play his tunes on Grime sets back day, they never used to be able to ride them properly and would always accuse the tune of 'skipping' (titch was a repeat offender) when actually they just couldnt follow the completely f'd beat pattern. So ahead of he's time it's crazy.

CrowleyHead

In all fairness, there were a LOT of beats that Titch could fuck up. He's actually really sloppy on Radio... Part of his charm though.

gumdrops

the new album is alriiiight. id get rid of the vocal tunes and that one that sounds like terror doing your basic winebar house. was hoping they would release all the instrumentals on one vinyl ep but oh well.

gumdrops

actually, you know what, zipfiles is a 100 times better than the new album. theres only a few tracks on the new one id rate as highly as what hes done before. terror seems to be catering more to the 'serious' crowd on this one which is a shame i think as the stuff on zipfiles - and theres not a bad track on there - has much more energy and spark to it and is still packed with all those kinds of details that production nerds can appreciate.

CrowleyHead

the 'funky' type track he had on the hyperdub album shd get that title i think.

Not really. IMO, he's gotten to into trying to demonstrate himself as a real 'producer', instead of making standout instrumentals. Diverting into funky doesn't quite help him in my eyes.

gumdrops

i do like that track i cant remember the name of more than pretty much anything else on that hyperdub album but by and large, i agree with what youre saying. hes been trying too hard to show how complex and clever he can get when the most memorable beats he did were those before his comeback. bipolar was cool, and im glad hes doing so well but he seems to be too much about technique over content these days.

droid

Yeah saw this over the weekend. It doesnt look good at all. I hope he pulls through.