fhuckface

mm, wouldn't associate any of those producers with whats being talked about, they just wankey uk house producers, cannot stand disclosure, dusky, any of that shit..

times -

feelin-

heartbeat-

to the bone-

summertime-

ruckus-

edit* one more (one more)

the first 1 has been rinsed all last year at raves, it's like 3 years old i think...so did the second, the others are personal faves i think fit in here

edit* circle just play euro house, i don't think you'd find alot of the above in their sets, could be wrong though I don't bother listening.

Last edited:

outraygeous

If I was more articulate I would dead off that whole contiuumm (what every it is) theory

How can any one explain for example, someone like Swarvo going from being a grime mc to doing dance moves on youtube without actually being part of the environment that pulls you to these events?

I would write about it but I have never even step foot in one of these house raves. I guess, that is what happens in modern day journalism?

outraygeous

The anti shuffling page on facebook made me die inside a bit

There is all these house purists upset that people are coming to 'their' nights and dancing.

That must be awful

Someone do a quick run down of the demographic of the people who are anti shuffling.

Personally, if you want to do the funky chicken 2013 version go ahead. Have a good time.

I need to dig out that DJ Mag which first covered Londons Sunday Scene and the start or UK Garage.

Bastard Garage and Gangsta Garage is what is was labelled as.

outraygeous

Im going back on twitter now.

Then I am going for a beer and burrito and I am going to shuffle all the way down Upper Street.

Good thing Im not wearing my Nike Blazers cos they are now 'cunt shoes' cos people who shuffle wear them

I got mine 6 years ago!

ADVANCED CUNT!

datwun

jackin is most likely to sneak its way in with if not get meshed with this ting

Yeah, some of the basslines on these sounds a lot like the bouncy jackin warp-donk. Still, it's actually the shuffly part of the riddim sections I like least about this sound - not fully tribal/rhythmic like funky, nor as hard hitting and snappy as the jackin whip-crack 4x4. Does work well with the dance though.

datwun

Haha Euphorium, the worst night club in London. I actually know the guy who put that on and have played there a couple of times. Was playing some Omar S and then the manager cut me off an out on a cd of the crassest pop music.

Uh oh, has this happened more than once? How's the sound system there?
I'm booked to play a mate's brother's "HIP-HOP/ RNB / BASHMENT / AFROBEATS / GARAGE / FUNKY HOUSE / CLUB CLASSICS / OLD SKOOL / HOUSE" night there, and that doesn't sound very auspicious :S

Should make a difference to playing to my mates and student types though!

Edit: the anti-foot shuffling page posted this:
http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=-CFIv0NY0io&feature=youtu.be
seems like a significant moment in the history of uk dance

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
feelin-

edit* one more (one more)

Really like both of those two.

Here's some from the Two Of Us Education Podcast that I can't stop playing:

Karmon - Wowshit

Leftwing & Kody - Bump & Flex

Douglas Greed - When A Man Sings On A Track

Martinez Brothers - H 2 Da Izzo

Local Authority

bitch city
Uh oh, has this happened more than once? How's the sound system there?
I'm booked to play a mate's brother's "HIP-HOP/ RNB / BASHMENT / AFROBEATS / GARAGE / FUNKY HOUSE / CLUB CLASSICS / OLD SKOOL / HOUSE" night there, and that doesn't sound very auspicious :S

Should make a difference to playing to my mates and student types though!

Edit: the anti-foot shuffling page posted this:
http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=-CFIv0NY0io&feature=youtu.be
seems like a significant moment in the history of uk dance

It's an interesting venue, the sound system is shit and you get all the gypsies from
Belvedere after a certain point. Can't say its a bad thing though, it's quite funny actually, when are you playing? Might pop down for a pint.

trilliam

mm, wouldn't associate any of those producers with whats being talked about, they just wankey uk house producers, cannot stand disclosure, dusky, any of that shit..

ye its not the same group of ppl but house is popular with everyone atm uk wise

rate that alex arnout, dominique danielles always playing his tunes

fur coat - you and i

ntfo - policrom (audiojack remix)

kate simko - go on then

max chapman - all i want (clinton houlker)
(bomb)

I would write about it but I have never even step foot in one of these house raves. I guess, that is what happens in modern day journalism?

think this is a gd point stil

datwun

*SIGH*
150967_523117374386570_1556659158_n.jpg

Neatly sums up the ideology I guess...

It's an interesting venue, the sound system is shit and you get all the gypsies from
Belvedere after a certain point. Can't say its a bad thing though, it's quite funny actually, when are you playing? Might pop down for a pint.

Haha, brilliant! I'm sure it's got vybez of a sort.
Here's the event:
► SHOTS: £1
► SPIRIT MIXER: £2
► CHAMPAGNE: FROM £25

♫♫MUSIC ON THE NIGHT WILL BE 2 ROOMS OF THE BEST IN♫♫
HIP-HOP/ RNB / BASHMENT / AFROBEATS / GARAGE / FUNKY HOUSE / CLUB CLASSICS / OLD SKOOL / HOUSE

+ the night's called ON:1... so that's something.

Wonder if there'll be any shuffling

datwun

Tom Shorterz on the anti-shuffling petition being "so right-wing"

"Its 1 big cycle been happening over and over again. When hardcore went to jungle , when garage went to grime , when Bassline went to 4x4 ....... Now when Hot natured went Urban House lol - I wish i coudl shuffle fucking solid , my MCing is pretty top notch tho wanna hear me over a Ben Klock track brrraaappp"

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
the wanker who wrote that e-petition can't even spell clientele, which is ironic for someone so firmly attached to being 'classy' and 'intelligent'.

Last edited:

Roshman

Reading through. I was about to comment on what a surprisingly well written, well researched and well mannered article it was for Vice....

...then I got the interview and he asks, "When did you start to realise that you were better than everybody else at it?"

:sigh:

Same old Vice then.

Still, that Swarvo video is brilliant.

continuum

smugpolice
Few more tunes I'm feeling right now:

Storm Queen - Look Right Through (MK Dub III)

Jay Shepheard - Fuzzy Border

Baunz - The Same Thing (Huxley Dub)