Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: mainstreaming of VICE // VICE mainstream

he Onion is coming at you with a disruptive docu-vertical of its own, and it’s called Edge.

The series, which premiers online Aug. 3, has a simple mission statement: “With a team of more than 300 news warriors, Edge pummels readers with immersive reporting that is uncaged, unaccountable, and totally fucked up.” In other words, it’s like Vice, but, you know, Edge-ier. And thank the Lord Edge is here to double-down on our regular kidney punches of current events. We weren’t quite urinating blood yet, so this should do the trick.

The teaser for the series gives us a glimpse of those “300 news warriors” fanned out all across the globe to find out what drugs oppressed people are doing.

Nic Moss @NicMossEDGE

Let's get fucked on truth.
    10:00 AM - 28 Jul 2015
    Chase Vaughn
    ‏@ChaseVaughnEDGE

Nobody points a camera at dark-skinned people like @EDGEtv. Nobody.
    did you tronc today?

All sounds a bit like something Chris Morris might have come out with in 1997, tbh.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Aussie reality series "Go Back to Where You Came From" -- thought i was reading "the onion" when i first heard about this program, apparently they go to syria this season and encounter ISIS.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1227405757990

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Aussie reality series "Go Back to Where You Came From" -- thought i was reading "the onion" when i first heard about this program, apparently they go to syria this season and encounter ISIS.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1227405757990
    With, I don't doubt, hilarious consequences.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

So some video where a rap group named Migos may have been scripted and faked with a bunch of guns used as props. Or maybe they are just saying that after the fact when one of them is in jail.
    did you tronc today?

Sad to hear about those news warriors arrested on terror charges in Turkey. But at least they will have an awesome party when they get back home.
    did you tronc today?

Does Turkey not recognize hipster media empires?

cable tv channel is finally here
    They think you're doing voodoo magic?

SMITH No, the business press thinks we're doing voodoo magic. (Laughs.) They're all, "Shane is f—ing P.T. Barnum." Fox, Time Warner, Disney, they're not stupid. They're smart people. You think that I could hoodwink Bob Iger, Jeff Bewkes and Rupert Murdoch? I'll tell you what they see in us, and I'd do the exact same f—ing thing if there was anybody out there for mobile: We're a hedge. Because they've got their business, and those businesses have thrown off a lot of cash. But Bob Iger probably realizes that his business, the biggest media company in the world, is going to go into a f—ing vortex and he needs to at least have some pathfinder saying, "Hey, Bob, I figured this out over here." They all do, quite frankly. And at least we're f—ing trying. Everyone [else] is galvanized into inactivity. They're like, "Yep, we're f—ed, we're totally f—ed. Should we try anything different? No, f—, no, no, don't unbundle." But unless you try f—ing something, you're not going to learn anything. So, when we came to them with our plans and said, "Here's how we're going do it and here's what we need," they all salivated because they're like, "F—, I'd do that with my company if I could, but I can't."
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...iew-has-861227
    did you tronc today?

Massive layoffs at Vice UK? and the cable channel is averaging less than a quarter of what H2 channel in the USA was getting?
    did you tronc today?