Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,546 to 1,549 of 1549

Thread: UK EU Referendum Aftermath

There will be a Brexit on October 31st. One way or the other.
    An hour ago I would have said you were one hundred percent wrong (ok 90 maybe), now it's more like fifty-fifty.

And there's this....

Campaigning anti-Brexit QC Jolyon Maugham has now lodged his petition at the court of session in Edinburgh, which essentially tries to ban parliament from debating the new Brexit deal, on the basis that it is illegal, and which he anticipates will be heard tomorrow.
    Maugham believes that the deal contravenes s55 of the Taxation (Cross-border Trade) Act 2018, which states that it is “unlawful for Her Majesty’s government to enter into arrangements under which Northern Ireland forms part of a separate customs territory to Great Britain”.
    With the detail of Boris Johnson’s new deal still emerging, lawyers insist that s55 is “crystal clear” and that any form of differentiated deal for Northern Ireland will contravene it.
    It's all piling up these next few days.

I hate to say it, but all this stuff about how the government has to abide by this Act or obey that rule reminds me of Ned Stark handing Cersei the dead king's will and watching her tear it to pieces and then have him arrested.

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

I'm hoping that he tries that and finds himself quickly up before the beak.