luka

i mean, this as aestheticisation of art as political form was more futuristic than terminator II. It is also why it will be the next alt right song. Terminator II was the aestheticisation of lived psychosis. It's not futuristic on a surface level, if by future we mean a identiket cosmopolitan europe with high speed railways and shimmering, glistening compplexes. terminator II was not pristine. it was grungey, it was ugly, it's futurism was not a futurism of art but the future of life in London.

I don't think I understand this post but it's a 5star classic.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
thats why the early detroit techno's romanticism should not be disavowed. they got to the place it took us maxing out our neurons with E to get to. as a collective i mean, not as dissensoids. that's why its a strangely beautiful music where as trance and italo are ultimately tacky, even if some people on here spent 2003 in shoreditch dancing to it for 8 hours straight (I'd do the same if the girls were hot.) yes fun and novelty on occasion but tacky. unless Simon wants to defend Italo?

Last edited:

luka

I'm going to work in a bit but I admit my feelings are hurt. They are hurt. I spent the morning building a platform for corpsey, making him welcome, giving him an opening, and he rejected me and posted on choon of the day instead. Totally cunted off. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride. That's the story of my life mate.

Last edited:

luka

thats why the early detroit techno's romanticism should not be disavowed. they got to the place it took us maxing out our neurons with E to get to. as a collective i mean, not as dissensoids. that's why its a strangely beautiful music where as trance and italo are tacky. yes fun and novelty on occasion but tack. unless Simon wants to defend Italo?

He better not defend Italo or he's getting cancelled.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Not quite. It was the producers who killed jungle because the only way they could get paid for gigs was to DJ and with the exception of a few people like Bukem and Hype they didnt have the skills.

So the choice they had was to either learn to play like Kenny Ken or Randall. Spend years navigating the twisted tributaries of jungle production OR just make the music more DJ friendly.

They chose the latter.

I mean if you look at this tracklist from 95. yes some of it may be minimal/basic in execution but you can't deny that most (if not all) of this music is unimpeachable. Are you saying the music some of these producers produced, they couldn't mix it? Of course others left...

1. Crusher (Part 1) DJ Redoo - Smokin Drum Recordings DRUM003-06 – 95
2. Wicked Piece A Tune - Slam! Records SL-07 – 95
3. Time Clash - Ruffian RUFF002 – 95
4. Smoke You Up Like A Blunt – TDK - 95
5. Never Felt - Hard N Heavy - HH101 – 95
6. HL001B - Capone - Massive – Hardleaders - 95
7. Ease Up Selecta - Bizzy B & Ruffcut - 95
8. Twenty Four Seven - Slam! Records SL-07 - 95
9. Dillinjer - Believe The Bass - Conqueror Records OC6AA - 95
10. Deep Jungle – Deep Jungle – 95
11. Wicked Man - Bizzy B & T.D.K. - 95
12. Silencer - (Drum & Bass Mix) - Dj Rush Puppy - Firm Handed Records FH 003 – 95
13. Original Dub Plate (Sax Mix) - Lionist F2F - 006 – 95
14. Air Freshner - TeeBone V.I.P - Tom & Jerry (Bootleg) - 95
15. New Blood - Soundclash - Unreleased Dubplate Mix - AKO 150 05 - 95
16. the licence (dj krome & mr. time remix) - dj krome & mr. time - 95
17. Adam F - The Undertaker - (INFRA002LTD) - Infrared Records - 95
18. Untitled - Sothwest Unit - (This Is The Original Junglist) - Grasshopper Records - GRH001 – 95
19. Payback - (D Hook) Heavyweight - Rogue Trooper – 95
20. The Force Is Electric (Remix) (Original Mix) - 95
21. Remember The Rollers - Dr S Gatchet - 95
22. In To Sound (Mix 1.) - Chatta B. - Redskin Records RS 007 – 95
23. Babylon (dj ss remix) – Splash - 95
24. The Groove (Bad Man Mix) - Dj Devious D. Soundclash Recordings - SC0001A – 95
25. Obsession - Ruffian RUFF002 – 95
26. Special - Baraka & Master Laqar – 95
27. Vibe Out - Lee Chasin & Ray Smith - Kemet - KMLP 1 D2 – 95

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
my impulse is always that, while it might be interesting to think about the political implications of any given work of art, essentially they are two different fields and you will only hobble art, make bad art, if you insist on simplifying it into reductive political terms. It's much more interesting and meaningful than politics, which is just tribal bickering.

I mean I resent this given that some of the favourite artists on this forum (not ezra pound before you get ur knickers in a twist) reduced all their art/style to politics. Nick Land, Zizek, etc etc...

Last edited:

luka

I mean I resent this given that some of the favourite artists on this forum (not ezra pound before you get ur knickers in a twist) reduced all their art/style to politics. Nick Land, Zizek, etc etc...

What do you mean? Zizek is this forums favourite artist? Help me out.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
What do you mean? Zizek is this forums favourite artist? Help me out.

an artist in terms of saying relevant things about the human condition in the late 20th - early 21st century. zizek never made political prognoses
, he never had a programme to put forward. granted this was in the days of peak dissensus. these days its just me calling u a hippy and acting as your shaikh so the contours are different.

luka

Dissensus was idiotic in those days. Stupid on a scale your generation would be unable to fathom.

luka

I unequivocally renounce that incarnation of dissensus. Maybe I said a couple of funny things on there but beyond that it is just the desert of total despair.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I mean I'm sympathetic to the idea that art goes beyond politics, as a function of civilisation and domestication. it would seem impossible to say it exists beyond political history though (some nietzscheans do this.) after all, the greek word for art was tekne, technology.

This then opens up a crucial can of worms but given none of us are professionals in this area did music precede language or is it the other way round? I'm inclined to say music came before language but who knows... this goes back to musica universalis again.

luka

After that came the corpsey era of trap music and boozing. Then came the old mans pub era of three users all of whom hated each other having the same desultory conversation ad infinitum. The bleakest suicide years. Then came Barty the messiah. That's the whole history of the forum up to you.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
part of the reason why I tend to prefer music over literature is that music as style is infinitely malleable in 95% of cases. when it isn't, when the style is didactic, it's basically skrewdriver. shitty rock and roll at best.

luka

I mean I'm sympathetic to the idea that art goes beyond politics, as a function of civilisation and domestication. it would seem impossible to say it exists beyond political history though (some nietzscheans do this.) after all, the greek word for art was tekne, technology.

This then opens up a crucial can of worms but given none of us are professionals in this area did music precede language or is it the other way round? I'm inclined to say music came before language but who knows... this goes back to musica universalis again.

The what comes first debate is etetnal. The usual contenders are word, number or music.

luka

Its pre political, protozoan, like your dispute with Mr Tea. Yes it has a political dimension but that is later.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Its pre political, protozoan, like your dispute with Mr Tea. Yes it has a political dimension but that is later.

My dispute with tea is totally political though. I'm telling him to abandon politics, even in the functional sense and look at how people interact with each other outside the straitjacket of political party affiliations. he doesn't want to though, he wants to rescue some kind of incarnation of the political centre. it's honestly quite revolting. almost makes me wanna throw up.

luka

My dispute with tea is totally political though. I'm telling him to abandon politics, even in the functional sense and look at how people interact with each other outside the straitjacket of political party affiliations. he doesn't want to though, he wants to rescue some kind of incarnation of the political centre. it's honestly quite revolting. almost makes me wanna throw up.

No,that is merely one, temporary form the basic antagonism takes on.