luka

The reason I got into acid and mushrooms is that my family on my mums side are New Zealanders. I lived in Auckland between the ages of 19 and 21 where those drugs are mainstream, just a part of growing up.

luka

I didn't have time or context to get into anything rubbish. When I was a little boy the first wave of hip-hop was entering London. By the time I was 10 I was listening to hardcore. At 14 it was jungle, Nas, Wu, Mobb Deep. 16,17 I just talked about. Then it was UKG. At 21 I invented grime.

luka

Stratford was ground zero for the :)hardcore continuum.:)It was mainstream there. You have to remember this stuff was broadcast on the Pirates constantly. You could just immerse yourself. Totally different times.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
"Every month, Monkey Pilot will, in his own words, "disappear for five or more long and lovely days every month to prepare for his eight-hour set". What he emerges with is as precarious and eclectic as you'd imagine: Celtic tonality, deep house movements, tribalistic fervour. The night has been through the trance movement, the rave scene, breakbeat, drum'n'bass, balkan beats, an in each case their alternative brand of psychedelia has evolved in conjunction with the alternative dance world, keeping the night bizarrely relevant."

This is why paganism is bad kids.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/4wm7jp/look-at-londons-longest-running-club-night-whirl-y-gig

luka

"Every month, Monkey Pilot will, in his own words, "disappear for five or more long and lovely days every month to prepare for his eight-hour set". What he emerges with is as precarious and eclectic as you'd imagine: Celtic tonality, deep house movements, tribalistic fervour. The night has been through the trance movement, the rave scene, breakbeat, drum'n'bass, balkan beats, an in each case their alternative brand of psychedelia has evolved in conjunction with the alternative dance world, keeping the night bizarrely relevant."

This is why paganism is bad kids.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/4wm7jp/look-at-londons-longest-running-club-night-whirl-y-gig

It's perfectly possible that if I didn't grow up in Stratford I could have ended up a hippy. In a parallel universe there is a Luke attending these events and he is probably happier than I am. But I did grow up in Stratford and I'm not a hippy.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
The reason I got into acid and mushrooms is that my family on my mums side are New Zealanders. I lived in Auckland between the ages of 19 and 21 where those drugs are mainstream, just a part of growing up.

Luckily I never went to a whirly ever, just heard about it from spacecadets who i got acid off of. I'm a male prostitute from the days of abdulhamit's dynasty but even I wouldn't stoop to such lows.

luka

When I did my workshop for the psychedelic society I looked at the Facebook page for my event and saw the people who had clicked 'interested' about 150 of these people, with names they'd presumably given themselves. Like Guinivere Tantric Rainbow And Andromeda Buttercup. Glowing with middle class health and vitality, shiny eyes and beautiful skin and I thought to myself, this should have been my inheritance, this is what was meant to be, how did I miss out?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's perfectly possible that if I didn't grow up in Stratford I could have ended up a hippy. In a parallel universe there is a Luke attending these events and he is probably happier than I am. But I did grow up in Stratford and I'm not a hippy.

yeh, this is why the decline of acid gabba and hardcore techno was so bad because it left psychedelia on a collective level to the filthy ethno appropriators, which is also why i don't get acid comunism in 2019, i mean lads we don't even have the right jolt of electricity.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
When I did my workshop for the psychedelic society I looked at the Facebook page for my event and saw the people who had clicked 'interested' about 150 of these people, with names they'd presumably given themselves. Like Guinivere Tantric Rainbow And Andromeda Buttercup. Glowing with middle class health and vitality, shiny eyes and beautiful skin and I thought to myself, this should have been my inheritance, this is what was meant to be, how did I miss out?

pass the sick bucket.

luka

Why was I smoking skunk spliffs on a council estate balcony in midwinter at a time of my life I should have been spending tripping in meadow with these people, twirling daisies into my hair. What a tragedy.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's hard to fuck them though. somehow their voices lose all the colour of terrestrial people, all vitality. I've never thought kor that's a fit bird i need to chat her up.

In America they are affectionately known as 'cute hippie chicks', apparently. one more reason why America is totally antithetical to my value set.

luka

Well I've missed my chance anyway, I can't fit in with that crowd I give off the wrong energy. You know how sensitive they are to the wrong energy.

luka

I just sometimes feel wistful for this much more well adjusted life I maybe could have had.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I just don't think they are very cosmically grounded people anyway. their conception of space is fluffy floating away on a cloud arpeggiated wank. they don't get that feeling of having gone too far out, the void.

sadmanbarty

I want Luke to wheel out the demons in his closet. what will it be. emo? hard house? smooth jazz? kenny g? Slayer? napalm death?

i've been keeping an eye on this for a while. given my own (well documented) humiliating past, it'd make me feel better to find luke's week spots. he's done pretty good to be honest.

the best i can find is he went a bit overboard with rap; entroducing, trip hop.

also a couple of hints suggest that he might have been into a couple of dodgy pirate stations. a bit more crusty things that his reputation would belie. i can't prove it, but seems to have a bit more of an understanding of electro and aphex twin and things like that than make sense if you buy his narrative wholesale.

i'll get him one day though. i'll spill the beans when i do.