luka

The basic duality of spirit and flesh. Eve the temptress. Satan offering conga line of nubile gyrating beauties to every would be St. Anthony.

luka

This world is wicked. Heaven is the rewarding for refusing worldly things; Power, Sex, Fame, Fortune. The beast appetites.

luka

One of the reasons Blake is a revolutionary heretic. He doesn't accept sex as sin. The vale of Beulah.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is there not shame associated with sex before spirituality? Or unease. Destabilises social relations. Destroys friendships. Motivates murderers. (Othello). Fucks everything up. Divorce, acrimony, murder, mayhem.

luka

Is there not shame associated with sex before spirituality? Or unease. Destabilises social relations. Destroys friendships. Motivates murderers. (Othello). Fucks everything up. Divorce, acrimony, murder, mayhem.

Dunno. There is no historical record of a time before spirituality.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I suppose these things are ideological - the middle ages (also christian) had a different attitude to fucking and farting. (One of the things Joyce achieved in Ulysses, return of the repressed.)

The shame of the wanking man, Caliban's lookingglass.

To put it another way

Th' expense of spirit in a waste of shame
Is lust in action; and till action, lust
Is perjured, murd'rous, bloody, full of blame,
Savage, extreme, rude, cruel, not to trust,
Enjoyed no sooner but despisèd straight,
Past reason hunted; and, no sooner had
Past reason hated as a swallowed bait
On purpose laid to make the taker mad;
Mad in pursuit and in possession so,
Had, having, and in quest to have, extreme;
A bliss in proof and proved, a very woe;
Before, a joy proposed; behind, a dream.
All this the world well knows; yet none knows well
To shun the heaven that leads men to this hell.

Last edited:

luka

I've just realised something trippy.
Bartys avatar is corpsey but corpseys avatar is Bart :eek:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
DJing as communism

Conceived as serving the collective but inevitably attracts egomaniacs and power trippers to its top spots

luka

I've never been content with ideology as an explanation for anything I must admit. I think it's cart before the horse. I thought you hated politics? That's why I mounted an attack on it solely to give you room to swing.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
islamic attitudes to sex are quite conservative but the only people who are repulsed by it are ultra-pietistic salafis. who were gased up by the English anyway.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the thing is christianity doesn't have a place for the dignified warrior. that's why its a colonialist and not warrior religion. it only has a place for chivalry but chivalry is deplorable.

luka

the thing is christianity doesn't have a place for the dignified warrior. that's why its a colonialist and not warrior religion. it only has a place for chivalry but chivalry is deplorable.

Chivalry comes through the engagement with Islam funnily enough.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I need to go to the cunting gp soon. no idea why. the fuckers called me to ask about shit and monitor me no doubt. if barty hadn't introduced ash to vybz then maybe barnet council would be under our control. but he let that prime opportunity go. now he is enslaved to an edm company. egomaniacs don't have good future judgment.

droid

I mean if you look at this tracklist from 95. yes some of it may be minimal/basic in execution but you can't deny that most (if not all) of this music is unimpeachable. Are you saying the music some of these producers produced, they couldn't mix it? Of course others left...

Yep. Its a different set of skills.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
D131vwCWwAAF1F7.jpg