luka

I mean dissensus is gay anyway. we all exchange bits of sexual information with each other. its the gayest space in the world. there's no question about that. literally no girls on here. our own fiefdom. when the rbma wave dies down they will right a dissertation about us. queer refusal and the aesthetics of the hypermasculinised dancehall acid gabba homoerotic scene.

This is why I don't understand why Sufi is so anxious to get girls in here. Feels reactionary. Anti gay.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
lads, you know that pretentious bloke matt dryhurst's missus is holly herndon? no wonder dance music is dead. the nuclear family killed it.

luka

It's a very great incarnation of dissensus this one. One of the best. People who can be intelligent without being boring and serious and pompous and talking endlessly about stupid facts. I would like to deradicalise Vimothy, and restore the shattered confidence of Craner and Corpsey so they feel sexy and spunky again, sassy Craner, boyish Corpse. Then I think I could sit back and feel proud.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I like Oliver but the problem is he needs to be theraregrooveman. suave and knowledgeable. We get it you've listened to heavy mental 10 gazillion times. Like I'm all about bdsm but that's just .. taking it a bit too far. the NHS is understaffed as is.

luka

This in relation to telling me about your love for the pop music of your childhood? Craner has distinct memories of pop from the '80s. I have nothing. There's nothing there. I wasn't aware of it. I don't exactly know why. Pop radio would never have been on in the house or car. No friends had any engagement with it. But also there was a taboo against pop in those days which maybe wasn't so strong for your generation. It do find it a bit creepy, pop music.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
thing is i sometimes wish my mates were crusties not just talking to crusties as acid dealers at least i could cuss em out. i mean look at this predicament of one of my dj mates...

luka

Thirdform is mates with the NTS curator aristocracy. He's part of the north/west London connisseur axis.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
detroit techno does not exist in east london even billy bunter is a north london boy, that's why he did a show on kool about it a few years ago. even Uncle Dugs thought Bunter was east! We are slowly unveiling the secret. doo da da. boo!

Still at least I'm not south...

Last edited:

luka

This in relation to telling me about your love for the pop music of your childhood? Craner has distinct memories of pop from the '80s. I have nothing. There's nothing there. I wasn't aware of it. I don't exactly know why. Pop radio would never have been on in the house or car. No friends had any engagement with it. But also there was a taboo against pop in those days which maybe wasn't so strong for your generation. It do find it a bit creepy, pop music.

Creepy. This was playing when I went to the co-op yesterday.

Last edited:

luka

Because it's situated as a universal product it allows for this creepy ambiguity in terms of who's desires are being catered for. Adults pretending to be kids. Secret Sexual references in Disney films. The queasy shifting of perspective between innocence and experience

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's interesting to consider why it is that sex is considered sinful by christians, the bringer of untimely 'Experience'

The invisible worm,
That flies in the night
In the howling storm:

probably beside the point for this thread though, whatever the point of it is