Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need some new trousers

Guess I meant skinny fit. Wtf even is that?! Peak metro?
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

My style choices are greatly simplified by only going for heavily discounted clothes, as someone mentioned above it's a stupid market these days and everything is hugely overpriced (compared to the sweatshop rates for the producers) rocking corduroys in summer is a great look

The ankle thing is REALLY putting me off. I haven't tried wearing those ankle trousers yet. Freaked out. Plus English ankles are disgusting all pale and hairy. It's not like a sexy Italian ankle is it lets face it. English ankles should be banned

4. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes_ View Post
    Guess I meant skinny fit. Wtf even is that?! Peak metro?
    yeah, skinny jeans are the ones with less denim in them, mostly stretch material that looks more like leggings than trousers. they look pretty ridiculous on any male.

a few people have mention how expensive things are...sure, designer names are ridiculously priced but surely Uniqlo or h&m are affordable over there. I just think you lot are anti-fashion to the point that you'd complain about anything over charity store prices. . c'mon, boys, go to COS, enjoy a little bit of style. I imagine craner has a collection of respectable clothes, probably more timeless than trendy styles (as it should be). tea probably does as well, although it'll be just drool-covered dad-wear for him soon (congrats!).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    The ankle thing is REALLY putting me off. I haven't tried wearing those ankle trousers yet. Freaked out. Plus English ankles are disgusting all pale and hairy. It's not like a sexy Italian ankle is it lets face it. English ankles should be banned
    LOL...it's not full-frontal ankle, just a peak above the shoe tops. surely you can pass that test.

I'm not anti fashion. I dress reasonably nicely. I like clothes.

yeah, wasn't directing that at you, I recall our exchange awhile back about shared affinity for stripped t-shirts. I'm the same: not a fashion whore but enjoy looking half-way decent.

Well we've got the supermodel physique Leo, we shouldn't gloat but not everyone is similarly blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    I'm starting to get the impression that, unlike myself, everyone here doesnt just wear a uniform! I've worn the same clothes with minor variations for nearly 10 years now.
    20 years now.

hmm, supermodel is pushing it (more than) a little...more like a bit lanky. but beware, even we can develop a beer belly. I'm thin head to toe but once developed a bit of a pouch in the middle, gotta stay on top of that shit, not a good look. it's cruel that beer plays a role.

I've actually been fairly beefy (by my standards) and beer gutted. I know how it works. The thinner you are the easier it is to get a gut in a way.

20 years now.
    I'm all for a uniform, know people who literally have a closet filled with multiple pairs of the same shirts and trousers, it's almost like they are a character in a graphic novel. nothing wrong with that if you like the look and the style is relatively timeless.

Thats me. Timeless.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to droid For This Useful Post:

Leo

probably not a wise idea to wear short trousers when hanging out with geezers.

20 years now.
    what is the uniform then?