sadmanbarty

To be fair it's no less ridiculous than you trying to link UK drill to Chopin and ELO. a.

it was a light-hearted comment about 10 months ago. chopin was in reference to those bleak pianos and yellow magic orchestra was about the fact that they were the first people to use an 808.

so remember every single time you think you've found some stick to constantly harass me with, you're actually embarrassing yourself by proving that you're not picking up on something or not understanding something. remember every single time you've thought that you've got some great gotcha moment, it always ends up with you having got something wrong and me having been perceptive about something.

tom and jerry yet again. ruining the forum with nonsense. if it's not me its patty or someone else. i tried indulging you a bit tonight, but it's just ended up ruining the forum again. spoiled by this bizarre one sided obsession.

luka

You know I love you third you're a genius but just let people breathe and don't target them. Let the conversation flow. We're trying to work stuff out.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
shrugs. not like I was saying it was a bad thing.

Luke asked for it to be posted, I said it sounds familiar to my ears. that doesn't mean that's a bad thing or a negative thing. it gets tiring people thinking I'm some great champion of nothing but dissonance but you know, I can enjoy proper music bollocks.

you want me to look at the video: obviously I can't. pay attention to the vocals. well I've covered this in that thread, the asocial sociality. listen to the instrumental.

If it wasn't clear the spiting element of that Latin neighbour joke was directed at Luke, not you with his tirades against capital xtra a few years back. I'm sorry if you got the wrong end of the stick.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

sorry to be grumpy. maybe if you have a look back over the thread and see how it was going before and have a think about if it got a bit inhibited tonight and why that might be. it just felt like there was a flow before and then it got choked this evening.

luka

All we ask is that you don't target people, live and let live, stop harassing people and stop needing to centre every thread around your own resistance to the direction of travel because we never get anywhere when you do that. It's just sabotage and it's very upsetting.

luka

This place is so beautiful and so valuable when it works but it doesn't take much to prevent it from working. It's easy to sabotage it. A miracle to make it work.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
All we ask is that you don't target people, live and let live, stop harassing people and stop needing to centre every thread around your own resistance to the direction of travel because we never get anywhere when you do that. It's just sabotage and it's very upsetting.

sure, but let's put the cult to bed. otherwise this won't play out.

sadmanbarty

to be fair to third, i've had points where i've really, really wanted to get ideas over on the forum and i wasn't very disciplined in going "ok i've said that, people haven't really got it". i kept pushing the same thing over and over and eventually everyone had to tell me it was a bit annoying.

i do understand the frustration in not managing to get people to frame things the way you do but in the end it is best if people agree to disagree, move on from old debates and we can get up with having new fun on different topics.

it's a bit boring for everyone if we keep having the same two debates over and over and over.

luka

just don't be an obstacle and absorb all the attention by refusing to move. It's exhausting and not how people wish to spend their evening.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
to be fair to third, i've had points where i've really, really wanted to get ideas over on the forum and i wasn't very disciplined in going "ok i've said that, people haven't really got it". i kept pushing the same thing over and over and eventually everyone had to tell me it was a bit annoying.

i do understand the frustration in not managing to get people to frame things the way you do but in the end it is best if people agree to disagree, move on from old debates and we can get up with having new fun on different topics.

it's a bit boring for everyone if we keep having the same two debates over and over and over.

yeah that's fair. actually wanted to contribute to the compression thread but I have a realtime compressor in my media player of choice (foobar 2000) and it would be asking a bit much for people to install and mess around with it lol.

luka

We don't want to have a conversation about you and your behaviour every night we want to exchange ideas and stroke each other's egos and have a laugh. I fucking love doing that and it kills me when you stop it from happening. Please don't make me keep saying this cos it's really not fair.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
To be fair I can be allergic to excessive pretension and silly ideas (not wordiness.) I hear it enough in my daily life to give a horse on ketamine an aneurism. Just like some people here are allergic to the ersatz (I'm not.)

But I'll leave this thread for the time being.

Last edited:

mvuent

Void Dweller
what does productive dissent look like in these threads? any particularly successful examples?

not to imply im not interested or sympathetic to a classic luka and barty back and forth though

luka

You go from energy and ideas being generated to gridlock and recriminations in about 30 seconds. And then everyone slopes off feeling sour.

luka

i get no one wants his feelings to get hurt but there's wider concerns tbh and if he's stopping the machine functioning then you gotta say look mate no offence but you're spoiling something good

luka

We need the thing to function. It's not easy making it work but it's very easy to stop it from working.

luka

You go from a focus on the conversation and where it can go to being about him every single time. I don't like this I don't like that you're an imperialist bourgeois melancholiac now listen to this Turkish schmaltz from 1971 and this jackhammer gabba from a Dutch urinal somewhere