GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Elijah

Butterz
congrats son, that's sick! doing a Comment/grime piece has gotta be a once-in-a-career type moment.

btw to throw my 2 cents into the ring about your piece, i agree with your arguments about why grime has never crossed over (no raves thanks to trident, crap major labels plus also most grime acts unaware how to "play ball" w/managers) but i guess the difference is i've stopped caring about whether it will or not.

if the acts in grime really want it then sure, i'll back them, but mostly, who cares about mainstream acceptance any more, why not just enjoy grime on it's own terms, right now?

this is where im at right now, there will be a few over the years that break through, and stay through, but im taking things one tune at a time. As long as the music is good, im fine.

gumdrops

i think i miss the old days when people didnt WANT their underground hip hop/jungle/whatever artists to go mainstream or get in the charts..... all this stuff about what will break big all the time and will it wont it gets really tiring/boring. its like people cant like it just for the sake of liking music.

i think i miss the old days when people didnt WANT their underground hip hop/jungle/whatever artists to go mainstream or get in the charts..... all this stuff about what will break big all the time and will it wont it gets really tiring/boring. its like people cant like it just for the sake of liking music.

This, even though the novelty of Wiley at number 2 was brilliant.

mos dan

fact music
btw to throw my 2 cents into the ring about your piece, i agree with your arguments about why grime has never crossed over (no raves thanks to trident, crap major labels plus also most grime acts unaware how to "play ball" w/managers) but i guess the difference is i've stopped caring about whether it will or not.

yeah well i suppose the point to be drawn from jme's example is you *can* make money without having to engage/compromise with the mainstream, necessarily (because, as much as we can all enjoy grime either way - as mainstream or underground - it's only fair for the people making the music to want to make a living out of it). cheers for the kind words - yh i think that this was probably a one off lol.

gumdrops

This, even though the novelty of Wiley at number 2 was brilliant.

yeah, definitely. i liked seeing dizzee on totp on xmas day too. (wearing my rolex is a great record btw. dance wiv me is not quite so great, but makes sense in a mainstream bar/club where everyones totally pissed).

gumdrops

i like the idea of all these tempz next hype remixes. kinda cool. not that ive heard any yet, but i like the idea of a 12" having more than just the vocal and instrumental. not saying they should do it like that new kyla re-release :p but a few is good.

Elijah

Butterz
i like the idea of all these tempz next hype remixes. kinda cool. not that ive heard any yet, but i like the idea of a 12" having more than just the vocal and instrumental. not saying they should do it like that new kyla re-release :p but a few is good.

its not coming out on 12inch.. maybe the remixes are only but i think they said the original is digital only

gumdrops

i remember hearing bits of tempz over plasticians set a month ago and thought it didnt work so if the remix is like that... nahh.

i used to have one set with jammer, tempz, slew dem (i think) and some other guys. was fucking nuts. but i lost it.

mos dan

fact music
weird, i thought dc were putting it out properly. i might have imagined hearing that though - you'd know better.

yeah i think magic said on grimeforum digital only? which means it's probably time for me to pay for the second ever mp3 i've ever paid for in my life (the first was kt and kano 'leave me alone', kinda a long story in itself).

petergunn

plywood violin
yeah i think magic said on grimeforum digital only? which means it's probably time for me to pay for the second ever mp3 i've ever paid for in my life (the first was kt and kano 'leave me alone', kinda a long story in itself).

magic needs to put a Tempz EP w/Next Hype out on NHNH... i mean, since they've had that label, i can't think of a grime song that has got me more hyped...

the plastician remix is terrible, the instro does not go together w/ it all... like not even in the same room... shame, i could see a crazy dubstep remix ala Caspa or early Vex'd...

but, yeah, i will def pay for a 320 of Next Hype... shit, in retrospect, i'd pay for a 320 of all the Stageshow Riddim vocals...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Nice article in the Grauniad, Dan. Six 1/2 (?) years after 'I Luv U', great to see grime still getting decent press coverage.

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
the two ive heard just... don't work. not shit. but they just sound wrong. the original just fits the bars properly

I've only heard Brackles' remix but I like it. At the beginning I can see what you mean about bars and tune not quite fitting but after about a minute it all seems to click.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Still putting on a brave face when it comes to the fact my Mum now hears Kano songs before I do, but sometimes gets to be a bit too much. Sara Cox was going on about Tinchy Stryder the other day on her brainless Radio 1 show and she said something like "Rumour is there is a collaboration with N Dubz in the works, which anyone who is a Tinchy Stryder fan will be getting very excited about." and then "I should actually speak with Chris Moyles about that. So if you like Tinchy Stryder… Yeaahhh. Massive."

That Kano song I just mentioned isn't half bad though. The Chase and Status one. It's a lot higher quality than, say, Chip Diddy Chip.