GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

viktorvaughn

sgjp79.jpg
Hmm...

BBK showcase Cargo 12 March

Zomby free at Cargo 27 March

gumdrops

thats very quick, how theyre just advertising it now and sticking it out there. cool in a way though, esp how its all been kept under wraps so well. none of this leaking business lol.

NGs feature in the OMM tomorrow apparently.

viktorvaughn

thats very quick, how theyre just advertising it now and sticking it out there. cool in a way though, esp how its all been kept under wraps so well. none of this leaking business lol.

NGs feature in the OMM tomorrow apparently.

That would be cool to see them. I just have this feeling that the album isn't going to be that good and basically not as good as the mixtape they banged out/ radio sets.

gumdrops

im not expecting it to match their radio sets but bell dem slags is exactly the type of thing i want from the album.

gumdrops

footsie seems to have kinda become the spokesperson for the group. dee doesnt really say much. i thought the roll deep wasnt quite on a sending level, but i wonder what theyll think about it. maybe its cos theyre rolling with dizzee. gotta big up footsie for the comment about hard house and techno though. that better be reflected in the album ;)

Last edited:

tox

Factory Girl
I really wish I'd went to that.

I saw the poster for that night and dismissed it as some crap D 'n' B with Plastician thrown in for the sake of credibility. Real shame as the video is pretty amazing! If I'd known it was actually gonna feature grime I might have made it my first trip to Matter.

mos dan

fact music
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/feb/15/newham-generals

"This cocktail of home spun beats and black cockney verbal wizardry is exactly the kind of incendiary thrill that tough economic times are supposed to produce."

i have been thinking that myself about grime - but then most people *allegedly* want some respite from all the mood of doom and gloom rather than have an outlet for it (ie grime).

probably for another thread, but i'm suspicious of the idea that there should or will be a 'musical response to the credit crunch' - i saw some stupid piece on the news with a clip of the specials' 'ghost town' that put me right off the idea of giving it any quarter. music will continue to be as variously gloomy and upbeat as it was before, with perhaps a few topical cash-in tunes ('cash in my pocket' anyone?) along the way.

mos dan

fact music
yer mate bought a copy, laminated the page and allsorts

lol big ups. i had a brief thought that maybe gordon brown would see it by accident when he was having his breakfast (guardian comment pages having writers considered important by the number ten inner circle), but he prob gets clippings tbh lol

Blackdown

nexKeysound
oh also, no-one's posted this i think, i had a piece in the comment pages of the guardian yesterday: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/feb/14/music-grime-dan-hancox

congrats son, that's sick! doing a Comment/grime piece has gotta be a once-in-a-career type moment.

btw to throw my 2 cents into the ring about your piece, i agree with your arguments about why grime has never crossed over (no raves thanks to trident, crap major labels plus also most grime acts unaware how to "play ball" w/managers) but i guess the difference is i've stopped caring about whether it will or not.

if the acts in grime really want it then sure, i'll back them, but mostly, who cares about mainstream acceptance any more, why not just enjoy grime on it's own terms, right now?