Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WOEBOT.tv

thanks everyone. very nice of y'all. i think it turned out pretty OK. certainly was a mammoth amount of work!

@ hurting. i've fixed a bicycle helmet into the crt monitor so it's quite comfortable

@ having a "masthead" to skip a bit through the stream. i wanted this in the first place, spent hours fiddling around in flash before discovering the coding needed to be done in dreamweaver. i suppose having it is an acknowledgement that carving out a full 20 mins can be tricky for people. otherwise if you *have* to quit- to get back the same place is, well, not tedious perhaps but a case of watching the whole thing again. also one can watch specific bits.

@ the audio. everyone's been very polite about this. it works i suppose but next show i need to get it better.

-

beyond the formal/behind-the-scenes stuff i'm glad peeps took on board "the message". ever so slightly waiting for Gentle Giant to slap a big writ on me. i toyed with the idea of trying to establish contact with them to seek permission (i guess it's all fairly harmless - no mp3s to download etc) but in the end decided that it'd probably strangle the project even though, obviously, it's nice publicity. derek and ray certainly are still big in the biz.

(speaking from utter laughable ignorance here, but) if this were a tv documentary, would you have to get clearance for playing the music and showing the album covers? Or were you just (slightly) worried about the excerpts from the dvd?

so is this to replace your written blog matt?

its very cool, i'm sure the gentle giant people would be chuffed to bits

Haven't been able to see this yet b/c travelling/no access to adequate comp but am very eager to watch, I can only imagine how good it is.

that was excellent!

Your video was great! But yes, a bit of boost on the audio would be nice. But otherwise, it was very informative and everything flowed really well. I also like how you handled the visuals. I was thinking the entire time whether you did a voiceover or spoke with that headgear!

I liked the delivery. Reminded me a little bit of the TV art critic Matthew Collings, sort of informed but mellow.

true ^^ ......to extend the h____ology theme, it's sort of like what i imagine bbc2 or channel 4 were like before i was born, all tarkovsky, komeda, empathetic yet understated delivery etc[!]
    Last edited by tht; 07-02-2007 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    so is this to replace your written blog matt?

its very cool, i'm sure the gentle giant people would be chuffed to bits
    thanks mms. i think it probably will replace the writing. but i'm not going to kill that off entirely.

@audio. have fixed this now.

hold tight the next episode (may be in 2-3 weeks, maybe sooner)

Brilliant, pushing the boundaries as always. You have a great presenting voice.
    Loved the humor, like when you show Beethoven and there's also the picture of the dog. Makes me wonder what else I missed. The visuals are great too, that white outline around you, the collage-y background.

Must be a lot of work, you shoulnd't get rid of the writing. It could be used as an outline and supporting material for the video because it's not as easy to find the bits you want to reference in the video.

Why isn't this in the music section?
    Last edited by DigitalDjigit; 26-12-2006 at 02:35 PM.

Default TV on the web-io

Highly enjoyable, mate. And I'm by no means a prog-fan.

One comment, though: O. Coleman's music was/is not as "happen stance" as some people take it to be, but I guess your point was how some people took it as happen stance and not a comment on Coleman's music as such.

Looking forward to the next show.

really enjoyed this,and the format itself is great,can't wait for the next one

really enjoyed that

agree that it is a great format. maybe i look in the wrong places but it is refreshing to see an enthusiastic critical engagement with music in an audio/visual form that amounts to so much more than the hagiographies or sounmdbites we get on tv.

second show going up tonight...

Really liked this. Highly enjoyable and amazing how much work you put into it. Might I suggest that consider putting up an RSS feed or Democracy Player channel? Democracy handles flash video very nicely, allows saving and recommendations, and is easy to use. If you're not too concerned with driving traffic to your site its a great way of putting content out.