WOEBOT.tv

Don Rosco

Jeepers, I only caught the Top Ten a day or two ago, and already it's gone! I'm less interested in the Juana Molina one, but it's still excellently put together. The Top Ten(s) was (were) superb! I'm pretty blown away by the amount of work you put into these. Time well spent, but it must be tiiiiiiiime. It would work with just audio of course, but it wouldn't be nearly so special. More power to your elbow!

Woebot

Jeepers, I only caught the Top Ten a day or two ago, and already it's gone! I'm less interested in the Juana Molina one, but it's still excellently put together. The Top Ten(s) was (were) superb! I'm pretty blown away by the amount of work you put into these. Time well spent, but it must be tiiiiiiiime. It would work with just audio of course, but it wouldn't be nearly so special. More power to your elbow!

hi don. thanks for the compliments :)

i'll have to disagree with you about the thing working just as audio i'm afraid. that might have been true of the last episode, but not this one.

tox

Factory Girl
Very cool episode that last one.

I'm kicking myself for not going to see Adem and Juana Molina when they were up in Leeds now though!

dHarry

blogumentastic

Another great "episode". Sorry to say I hadn't heard of Molina, but that's partly what this is for, right? (Was that an ironic pause/silence after the birdsong study, as if to say "and what was all that about?"?! ).

I still would love a blog-style archive of previous shows...

(And should this thread be in Music?)

mms

sometimes
Another great "episode". Sorry to say I hadn't heard of Molina, but that's partly what this is for, right? (Was that an ironic pause/silence after the birdsong study, as if to say "and what was all that about?"?! ).

I still would love a blog-style archive of previous shows...

(And should this thread be in Music?)

she's excellent and on domino records so not too hard to get hold of.

it was an interesting interview, she seemed a bit annoyed.
Her music is paradise-like and it's a real mystery why she hasn't crossed over all over the place, genuinley auteurist and one of the best things on domino, i'm glad you covered that matt, and a bit surprised you'd never talked about her before.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
The live footage was excellent. I think this (along with some witty visual stuff interacting with the narration) demonstrates more fully the advantages of the video-blog medium over audio pod-casting/text blogging.

john eden

male pale and stale
Just watched the latest and it's just perfect - brilliant subject matter, wicked execution.

I just love Mr Woebot when he is off on one... riffing on music and nature and the universe and all the nice little visual ticks. It makes me very happy. :)

Don Rosco

I've just realised I want archives. I wanted to point some other people in the direction of the Gentle Giant vid, but I couldn't. I seem to be demanding a lot this week Woebot, sorry :eek:

tht

akstavrh
my favourite part is the fan getting sucked into the jet engine, the physics are very well observed

the best woebot tv so far i think!

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
my favourite part is the fan getting sucked into the jet engine, the physics are very well observed

Does he actually make it as far as the fuselage though? ;)
Great word 'fuselage', i can see why woebot had to use it.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I think a DVD(R) release with a number of episodes in higher than web definition would be nice.
I imagine the bandwidth costs could rack up if all the episodes were constantly available for streaming.

Woebot

thanks for the props everyone.

I think a DVD(R) release with a number of episodes in higher than web definition would be nice.
I imagine the bandwidth costs could rack up if all the episodes were constantly available for streaming.

hey noel. yep that's the general idea. possibly 6 or 12 episodes. with a free t-shirt thrown in ;)

Now that's Rock and Roll.

Coincidentally, Methuselah was an English psychedelic rock band of the late 60s, releasing just one self-titled LP in 1969 on Elektra.
165761.jpg

Woebot

Coincidentally, Methuselah was an English psychedelic rock band of the late 60s, releasing just one self-titled LP in 1969 on Elektra.
165761.jpg

ha! i should have known that. they actually look the ticket!

i first thought of the name because of the big bottle of wine. but later also found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methuselah

man appears to have been the longest-living human at 969 (apparently something to do with a cross-translation of modern and ancient calenders. but also quite nicely weird. throws up loads of weird theories.

also liked the idea that in some way his death was supposed to have triggered the great flood:
"when he dies, it shall be sent"

kinda topical innit :p