proto dubstep

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
reallllly really interesting show like, makes me wish i'd been to listening to 8 bar in 2003 and not, er , the libertines. follies of youth eh?

U-Basstard

tragic mix
thorsten profrock aka T++ aka dynamo aka erosion aka various artists aka monolake

nobody ever mentions him.he was doing halfstep dub techno berlin style over 10 years ago. check out his boomkat top ten from last year.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
long time on rinse you could hear mala mcing over hatcha's sets which were a strange amalgam of dubstep grime breakbeat garage etc from what i remember.

Mala as an MC?!?! I don't remember that!

@ UFO: Blackdown says Loefah invented half step IIRC and I think it's probably true - though in the context of everything slowing down with the adevent of grime.

Immryr

wasnt mala a jungle MC, or did i just make that up?

-edit- also, im sure i have read loefah saying how much he was inspired by What by wonder, so id say wonder invented half step.

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
So i created a Pandora channel for jungle and dubstep a little bit ago, and the results get more and more interesting as they increase their electronic library.

Heard a a track for the first time today that reminds me a lot of Vex'd style dubstep.

Balk Acid - Speedy J from the "A Shocking Hobby" album. Came out in 2000.